Oh Marone
Oh Marone Posts: 261
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Can't believe this is 20 years old, free to play in your browser as well :D
http://3d.wolfenstein.com/game_EU.php

Comments

• crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I know scary eh how the time goes,i was talking about Elder Scrolls Daggerfall and Doom today and the great times of PC gaming
    As for Wolfenstein,The New Order is out soon.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Dungeon Master is best. Take a few more years off though.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Unreal. best multiplayer TPS ever
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Showing my age- just bought Final Fantasy 7 off steam, and the only "new" game I'm looking forward to is the Homeworld remaster. MMMM Homeworld.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Wow that looks very old!

For me, the best old games are these:

Command & Conquer - Tiberian Sun. Awesome Strategy game from 1996, with a really good expansion pack a few years later

Driver on the PS1

Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

As for new games, it has to be Forza Motorsport 4, Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    The problem with Skyrim is it never ends, or like the previous game Oblivion it took me 400 hours to finish it... Having recently rediscovered Skyrim I'm struggling to stop playing it, not good when I have to write my dissertation!!

One of my favourite old games was NFS hot pursuit 2, now that was cracking game!! That series has gone so downhill since, they haven't made a decent one since NFS carbon.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Thats a problem but also one of the best things about Skyrim. You always have something to do! When i first started playing that game it took over my life. I started initially and once i got that "Ogmah Infinium" book or whatever its called, i exploited a glitch that got me to level 100 in every stat... got bored and restarted the game but this time no cheating.

I concluded that it was the best game i had ever played, and i still think it is. I got bored of it eventually. It took me bloody ages to get bored though. I got bored because i had the 3 best houses, all full with the rare and powerful weapons and armours (i had 5 sets of daedric armour) and shyte loads of money too. It just boring because i had nothing left to do. I had all the dragon priest masks etc.

Heres my duel wield daggers from my old account :D

IMAG0161_zpsbanuymcs.jpg

IMAG0162_zpsfbktjuby.jpg

NFS Hot Pursuit was amazing, i had this one. I think it was 3? NFS_III_Hot_Pursuit_(PC),_police_pursuit.jpg

Carbon was definitely the best. The customization was insane! I loved the fact you can have a crazy bodykit on every single car. And the decal selections were awesome. You are right about the rest though. I bought Pro Street and it was shocking so i never bought another NFS game again. Its always an EA thing to do. Fuck up good games. Command and Conquer 4 which came out a few years ago was a huuuuuuge let down. Tiberian Sun was far far better, and its 14 odd years older.

I forgot to mention Age of Empires. Ive played them all, 1,2 and 3 + every single expansion pack (bar one). Amazing games. Strategy games are awesome.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Earthworm Jim and Speedball 2 on the Mega Drive :D
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Northwind wrote:
    Showing my age- just bought Final Fantasy 7 off steam, and the only "new" game I'm looking forward to is the Homeworld remaster. MMMM Homeworld.

FF XII cost me a first at Uni ;)
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730

Earthworm Jim! Now there's a game!

Wolfenstein was probably one of the first games I ever played.

Best games for me:

Unreal tournament (good shout above!) I remember about 8 of us back in the day used to go to go round a friends house with our desktops and a switch and play networked. Great fun :-)
    Half life
    Sonic 2
    Command and Conquer Red Alert
    Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on the N64
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Yes GT. Used to session age of empires. Then it was empire earth. Then I grew up
  • gt-arrowhead
    mudsucker wrote:
    Command and Conquer Red Alert

Thats a game right there. Barely remember it however. Number 2 and its expansion pack are also a really good game. Love them. The best thing about strategy games is just building nice looking bases, and building in cool looking bits of the map. Top one is red alert, rest are Tiberian sun.

Untitled_zpsc72bc78a.jpg

The amount of hours i must have burnt on this map making bases and stuff. Just look at the minimap on the top right. Its covered :D Just a few bits from the bases.
    gdfg_zps9ab3ef47.jpg
    asdfsdfsf_zps2f7dcc94.jpg
    yjghjghj_zpsfb0c4e7b.jpg

Yes GT. Used to session age of empires. Then it was empire earth. Then I grew up

Never played Empire Earth. Is it good?
    I dont think ill ever be old enough for strategy games ;)
  • Kowalski675
    mudsucker wrote:

Earthworm Jim! Now there's a game!

Unreal tournament

I liked Unreal Tournament too, lost a few hours to that. Not as many as Shining Force 2 on the Megadrive though. I'm tempted to get it out of the loft, lol. Story of Thor was cool too. Then there was Dino Crisis and Driver on the PS1. God, I'm old. :lol:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890

Yeah its good. Have you played halo wars that's pretty good aswell
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Starcraft 2 for modern games, simply awesome. also like a bit of world of warcraft...

old school games,Frontier(elite) Speedball2 on the amiga, and SWOS. also liked a bit of K240

Best up and coming Elite dangerous it will be epic!
  • Thewaylander
    Starcraft 2 for modern games, simply awesome. also like a bit of world of warcraft...

old school games,Frontier(elite) Speedball2 on the amiga, and SWOS. also liked a bit of K240

Best up and coming Elite dangerous it will be epic!
  • DirtyHand
    DirtyHand Posts: 10
    Goldeneye on the n64 nearly caused myself and two mates to be late for a gcse exam.... used to get three tv's a couple of rf signal splitters and bits of card taped over opponents view...... those were the days
  • gt-arrowhead

Yeah its good. Have you played halo wars that's pretty good aswell

Yup, played that. Hate that you cant build where you want in that though. Was still a good game.

Best Halo was ODST!
  • Kowalski675
    Speedball2 on the amiga,

Brilliant perfect conversion on the Megadrive too - think I might have to get mine down from the loft and relive it :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Speedball 2 sucked, there was something terribly wrong with the gameplay... I could never beat my little brother.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Kowalski675
    Northwind wrote:
    Speedball 2 sucked, there was something terribly wrong with the gameplay... I could never beat my little brother.

:lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Speedball2 on the amiga,

Brilliant perfect conversion on the Megadrive too - think I might have to get mine down from the loft and relive it :D

Get UAE on your PC and play all the old games ;)
  • Kowalski675
    United Arab Emirates? :?

I only have a badly behaved laptop that these days can barely run my internetz without shi**ing itself. :roll:
  • Thewaylander
    universal amiga emulator :)
  • Kowalski675
    Ah, I see.