TFI Friday

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

At last, Friday. Lazy start this morning, more placement meh today then sorting stuffs out as I'm headed back down south for 4 or 5 months tomorrow morning which is good as I'm sick of being back at home.

Anyway, onwards to breakfasts and clock watching!

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    damn right TFI Friday!

last day in work and then 11 days off in the sun...woo hoo
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Friday YAY, On call all weekend Boooo
    Surrey Hills Sunday, YAY
    Moving mumatrons furniture around saturday Boooo
    Coffee done Yay,
    No Bacons today Booooooooooo

Anywhoo onwards to more coffee and porridge :(
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

My day will bore you, but let's just say it's starting with green tea, can you imagine how awful that makes it as a day!
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    Gaz it can only go up from here!
    Bloody hippy clowns
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    You got the hang of work meh pretty quickly :wink:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Anyway, onwards to breakfasts and clock watching!

Morning 'tards.

Bit more colouring in and counting work meh for me today interspersed with much tea :wink:

Later will consist of chilling out, probably with a film and a pizza 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    Friday means I have to go back into work after the weekend so boooo.

Bury are playing Rochdale tonight, so I'll be there for that one. It's being screened on Sky too, so hopefully we'll pull in a good crowd!

Yesterday I discovered that my car seems to be drinking coolant, but not spitting it out anywhere. The new radiator was only fitted last May, but that left puddles before it was replaced. I'm confused, and can sense a huge bill coming my way :( I hate my car.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TKM - sell it quickly!

Morning tarts - meetings with bankers seems to be the plan for today, followed by pub
  • VWsurfbum
    TKM what car is it?
    Sounds like a head gasket leak or cracked head?
    Or does it smell funny inside? Heater matrix could be leaking.

But as H said. Sell it quickly ;)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Happy Friday numb nuts,
    What they said TKM, sell the car. Take the oil cap off and if it looks like there is man goo on the inside, put it back on and sell the car quick. Failing that is it Clank that's been having fun with playing with cylinder head replacement. You may find sticking a dog turd* in it helps.
    Anyway, Friday means the usual panic to get stuff out to people in the morning, followed by an afternoon of clearing up the crud from this week. Had my review yesterday, that was dull. I have to offload some of my customers so I can dedicate more time to 'other projects'. Now to decide which customers I like the least.

* not an actual dog turd, that's the technical name for a Barr's Leaks pellet. Sometimes a miraculous cure for water leaks. Might be worth trying.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola people,

Today i started the day with what felt like the world falling from my arse... other than thatmore chasing to get a contract in place for further work till September then a geek evening.

in other news mmm coffee.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Sounds like a potentially leaking radiator - it could be seeping out somewhere under pressure when the engine is hot - but as the engine is hot, it'll evaporate the water, making it a total f**ker to see where it's coming from. Pressure testing the water system might provide some clues (it's a relatively cheap test a garage can do in a few minutes).

And check if you've got white exhaust fume - that'll be a good sign of water ingress into the cylinders.
    And as Veronese suggests, check if you've got white emulsion forming on the dipstick and oil filler cap - that'll be a sign of water getting ino the oilways.

Both of these indicate new head gasket time. It's a tedious job!

.....that takes even longer if your battery has taken the oppotunity to curl it's little leaden toes. :evil:

Tonight's job is to get a battery and get the engine started (finally!!).

This monring there was bacons, so at least not everything is wrong in world!

Onwards! To caffeine!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon chumps!

I have taken the opportunity to bring one of the bikes in to work as I'm supposed to be on leave today :evil: and fortunately for me there's nobody else in the office so I'm off out in a bit for a roam around the forest.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    G'day tw@s

Up early this morning, smashed an hour in the gym getting ripped, stuck my face in at work to see nowt interesting happening so hit the road, sarf wales was V wet this morning as usual, but the journey east got drier and warmer the further i got, a pleasing situation.

Looking forward to a weekend of televised sport, foods, golf, drinks and the occasional walk!

Toodle pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Golf.... urgh

And S.Wales is now nice and sunny ahhh
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598

And S.Wales is now nice and sunny ahhh

i don't believe you!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Evening Fisters.

I'm knackered. First lift up and been going flat out all day apart from a beer stop at lunchtime. Had a couple of goes on the Avoriaz 'Wall' and had a crack at some jumps in the snow parks. Off for a snooze shortly before tonights drinking starts. Then repeat tomorrow 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Gaz it can only go up from here!
    :shock:

Yay its the weekend at last. Just been to the chippy for a pukka pie, chips and curry sauce. Tomorrow is poker night and might have to break out the bbq on Sunday if the weather gods are correct. Also have a long weekend as I have got Monday off, bad news is another tip to the dentist to finish off root canal.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Fisters.

I'm knackered. First lift up and been going flat out all day apart from a beer stop at lunchtime. Had a couple of goes on the Avoriaz 'Wall' and had a crack at some jumps in the snow parks. Off for a snooze shortly before tonights drinking starts. Then repeat tomorrow 8)

Only ever been to Avoriaz in the summer when I had the DH bike, cracking place 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Fisters.

Only ever been to Avoriaz in the summer when I had the DH bike, cracking place 8)
    'Tis very good and has loads of snow parks where I've made a t1t of myself on the jumps :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]