New Caadx range 2014

rgasuk
rgasuk Posts: 89
edited March 2014 in Cyclocross
Has anyone got the 2014 caadx 105 or ultegra models ?
Been looking online and can't find many reviews, was just after some owners to shed some input on either bikes

Cheers
Road - Scott solace .
Training - giant xtc 1
Mtb - Yt Capra pro
Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance

Comments

• kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    I've a 2013 Caadx Tiagra. Its a great bike. I suppose the 2014 bikes solve the problem of the poor canti brakes of the 2013 model. The brakes are the only fault I've really found with my bike, solved by changing the pads. The Cannondale sizing is a bit odd. The tall head tube and short top tube mean you need to go a size down from your usual road bike size. The sizing is a bit like Ridley bikes, which I see you've had in the past.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • I've got a 2014 Tiagra CAADX used primarily for commutes and absolutely love it.

First thing I did when I got it home was swap the 12-28 cassette for an 11-28 one and the original Shimano 105 5700 chain has been swapped for a KMC one since but that was simply due to the profile of my commute and the chain causing issues over winter.

The disc brakes are a vast improvement in the wet over my old cantilevers but it is one thing I would still think about upgrading when the discs wear out as there are better cable disc brakes out there. All in though I have no regrets about buying it.
  • rgasuk
    Thanks for your responses guys, much appreciated .
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • I've been wondering the same myself. I'm looking to buy on the C2W scheme, and its either a 105 CAADX, or a Giant TCX2. Nice to know others are enjoying theirs. Any one ridden both?
  • I ordered a 50cm 105 at Christmas, based on my Focus size, but it was too big.

I have a 47cm 105 on order, but they are like hen's teeth and won't be here until late April.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    They look like great commuter bikes or for the more uneven roads. The sooner more road bikes get disc brakes the better.
  • rgasuk
    Just an update went for the caadx ultegra 2014 , got it from pedalon, quality service and bike is top draw, very happy so thanks for the input . :D
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    I've had a 2014 CAADX 105 since about october/november time (one of the first in the country it think). It's brilliant. I can't fault it at all. I ride in the peaks and i abuse it, running with stupidly low pressures, wheels have held out but think it will be the first thing to upgrade, fairly heavy I think. Comes in at 10.2kg with some m520 pedals, so around 9.8 without. Put some michelin muds on there because the sammy slicks are crap for anything other than commuting. I don't ride on the roads with, and so it has been "properly" used.