hope I can report this tool to the police

jthef
jthef Posts: 226
edited March 2014 in Road general
Wide road and passes me with horn blaring and dam close.
I will have to wait till tonight to view video properly
not a happy camper!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz60zpi16g2r6jh/close%20pass-4.jpg

Comments

• scazzer
    scazzer Posts: 254
    Cant see any image jthef?

Cant see the plods doing anything especially as you wasnt hurt but i had a similar one too today so damn effin close it does make ya nervous for a while but you never know you can always try them see what they say,good luck.
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    They will record it and although there will likely be no further action, the number plate will be tagged and so in the event of future issues, he has been recorded as aggressive. If you are lucky and it is a quite day for the police (who are usually on minimum manning) them they may pay him a visit and explain he has been reported for dangerous actions.
  • jthef
    edited March 2014
    It will be only second time I have report someone.
    Last time got a result as the driver was spoken to and warned he could have his car confiscated of he did it again in 12 months.
    I am struggling to get No plat and company but will try.
    Hopefully video up tomorrow as too late now.
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    jthef wrote:
    Only second time to report. Lay time got a result as as drive spoke to but warned he could have his car convscated of he did it again in 12 months.
    I may struddle to get no plat and company but will try.
    Hopefully video up tonight.

Have you been on the sauce?
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    That's what I thought!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    jthef wrote:
    Only second time to report. Lay time got a result as as drive spoke to but warned he could have his car convscated of he did it again in 12 months.

If you plan on emailing the police, make sure you use spell-check...
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    Imposter wrote:
    jthef wrote:

If you plan on emailing the police, make sure you use spell-check...

To be honest, I don't think any spell checker would sort that mess out. I'd be surprised if this chap can get himself dressed in the mornings.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Spelling police are out in force tonight making our streets a safer place. And I bet he's not wearing a helmet either...
  • moscowflyer
    moscowflyer Posts: 540
    Despite the apparent intoxication, that motor is VERY close!
  • jthef
    It is much worse on the video but no time to edit now.
    no drink involved but I can't spell to save my life and done in a rush before on a tablet, hence complete mess.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    scazzer wrote:
    Cant see any image jthef?

Cant see the plods doing anything especially as you wasnt hurt but i had a similar one too today so damn effin close it does make ya nervous for a while but you never know you can always try them see what they say,good luck.

Funny that they apply that principle (no one being hurt) to dangerous driving like the OP experienced but not when you go a little too fast, or through a red light, or drink drive, or tailgate, or undertake, or .......... etc.etc.

Do you feel the police would have done anything if they had seen it happen?
  • jthef
    This one yes.
    Horn sounded for at least 50 yards, wide road with plenty of room to move over but chose to move very close to pass at speed.
    I put quite a few near misses on YouTube, but very rarely think I want to repot it.
    This guy made an effort to try to intimidate me!
    I'm not one of those people who want to stop other people's enjoyment and report every little mistake, partly because I want treating the same with tolerance, because I make mistakes and don't want hassle etc. But there is a limit and this was way past acceptable.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    That is pretty damn close!

I get it quite a lot (although not this bad) where it is a straight road, nothing coming the other way, yet the car overtaking squeezes past without even crossing the white line. Why would you not use all the road if you could?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    You'll always get it. I never understand why on the section of dual carriageway I sometimes hit for a mile or two, how when I'm standing out towards the centre of the inside lane with no other traffic, passing vehicles still insist on trying to pass me using the inside lane when there's a completely clear outside one. Maybe the secret is to sit in the middle of the outside lane.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Anonymous
    Its because they are dumb and should not be on the roads.

We give driving licences away and then make no effort to enforce decent traffic laws unless someone is hurt or there is a target to meet and/or some revenue to be had.

Have you not seen the ad? This is generation easy jet :roll:
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    Carbonator wrote:
    and/or some revenue to be had.

If only. The MET would make an absolute fortune if it enforced traffic laws in London but that would be unpopular so they don't bother. Thanks to elected Police Commissioners enforcement is only going to get more political.

Pay someone minimum wage to watch CCTV and enforce red routes and box junctions by CCTV, then give them £5 for every successful ticket. Employee would walk off with a fat paycheck and I'd bet the MET would earn several times his/her wage even if you write off every challenged ticket.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Jeez that is close, wonder the cargo was nicked. They'd only need to clip you with a mirror or side light and you'd be under the trailer before you know it.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Post the video on Youtube with the reg in the title. If everybody did this insurance companies and the police would be able to identify poor drivers and treat them accordingly. If I was an insurance company I'd refuse to re-insure that vehicle again and if I was the Police I'd send somebody round to have a chat.
  • jthef
    The video
    http://youtu.be/XlHQXLI8iiM
    sorry about the swearing.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    that was very very close!!

I wonder if they were going to turn left at that junction and didn't see our until they were right on it?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I must confess when I first saw this thread and couldn't see the picture I was expecting it to be one of those passes where it feels a lot closer than it looks, but I was wrong. That pass is appalling and clearly he was deliberately trying to scare the hell out of you, the guy is a lunatic.
    I just did a Google search for caravan suppliers and looked at any that had 'of' in the name. Take a look at Forest of Dean Caravans. These trucks look about right, similar text and banner.
    waggons.jpg
    Good luck, if only they could take a licence away for that.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Jeeezuz. Call Lancashire Police and report it. That's criminal.
    And mail all the bike websites too. That truck must be on traffic cameras too.
    You did well not to lose it.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Agree with the above - that was far more than just crap driving. Also agree that it looks like the truck livery in the above pic.

The MD of Forest of Dean Caravans is Clive Turley. I would get in touch with him and send him a link to the video. The driver will not be difficult to ID once that has happened. Alternatively, if you have reported this to the police already, ask them to do it.
  • Anonymous
    Fcuk, did not realise it was that big a vehicle from the still photo :shock:

Hope someone can get the number plate. The company should be able to work out who it was now that you know who they are.

I would send the clip to the BBC too.

The driver should be done for attempted murder IMO.
    Would be quite nice if he just lost his job though I guess.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    flippin eck thats too close :shock: thats shocking driving, thats not just intimidation/inconsiderate driving thats surely common assault at the very least bordering on some far more serious charges, how someone can drive like that in a vehicle that size on the roads at other people.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Carbonator wrote:
    Fcuk, did not realise it was that big a vehicle from the still photo :shock:

Hope someone can get the number plate. The company should be able to work out who it was now that you know who they are.

I would send the clip to the BBC too.

The driver should be done for attempted murder IMO.
    Would be quite nice if he just lost his job though I guess.

:roll:
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Anonymous
    A comment would be better :roll: , plus a :roll:

Actually what I should have said was attempted manslaughter (although that does not really exist).
    If he had killed the OP it should be manslaughter, and as he seems to have done it on purpose its an attempt.

Please do not quote silly laws because they need changing.

Saying you are trying to scare someone or teach them a lesson (for example) by aiming a massive lorry pretty much at them and sandwiching them between the kerb while blasting an air horn is not any form of excuse in my book.

Really do not get the whole 'no one was hurt, so its ok' attitude people have :roll:

You cyclists that seem to want these people on the roads or even in society are funny :shock:
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    You simply must send a link to that video to the MD of the haulier. It is a family run business and I know friends with such businesses who simply cannot afford the adverse publicity that such wreckless behaviour would bring upon their company. It would not surprise me if the MD thanked you.

Having said that, a call to the police and the presentation of the evidence could see this driver dealt with more appropriately. If the company sacks him he will simply go and get a job elsewhere unless his licence is endorsed for all potential employers to see.

PP
  • That is one scary pass, all too common nowadays.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    It's all over twitter now. The OP must report it to the police. Is it 101 the non emergency number ?