Rapha - They have put their prices up!

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Completely false rozzer23. After (what will be) 9 years of sponsorship with Condor, Rapha are looking at alternative opportunities (not involving sponsoring a Conti men's team). They are looking at various other options, including grass-roots level cycling.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,826
    mroli wrote:
    Completely false rozzer23. After (what will be) 9 years of sponsorship with Condor, Rapha are looking at alternative opportunities (not involving sponsoring a Conti men's team). They are looking at various other options, including grass-roots level cycling.

Ahhh OK I can only remember reading that they were ending the sponsorship at the end of this year and I thought I remember them saying they wanted to focus on Team Sky (but I could be wrong). I know they have sponsored Rapha Condor for many years.

P.S do you work for Rapha? :wink:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Well I just paid the old price for a pair of jeans so I'm keeping quiet...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • whitestar1
    whitestar1 Posts: 530
    They where already too expensive so prices going up don't make a difference to me.
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    Kajjal wrote:
    I love the (sadly few) Rapha bits that I have; it performs well and looks good, even on me.
    My issue is that, at the prices they're charging, they really should be making this stuff in the UK.
    I've no doubt that they will be shifting production to Europe in the future, I hope that it happens soon,

Not likely at the moment they are making a fortune ramping up the prices on low cost production.

My city rain jacket is of the highest quality, very finely made - in China.
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    I go into their shop and after wincing and wringing hands I do buy their kit. It is superb quality and as people have highlighted they support British cycling through sponsorship (Rapha Condor I am thinking

Shows how useful sponsorship is. It was until recently Rapha Condor JLT, except Rapha dropped out. I guess they don't need to sponsor them now they sponsor Sky. But you still called them Rapha Condor and missed out JLT. Who got the best deal out of sponsorship there?
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    earth wrote:
    I go into their shop and after wincing and wringing hands I do buy their kit. It is superb quality and as people have highlighted they support British cycling through sponsorship (Rapha Condor I am thinking

Shows how useful sponsorship is. It was until recently Rapha Condor JLT, except Rapha dropped out. I guess they don't need to sponsor them now they sponsor Sky. But you still called them Rapha Condor and missed out JLT. Who got the best deal out of sponsorship there?

They're still called Rapha Condor JLT until the end if the 2014 season.
  • I hope the new classic mitts come into stock before I go to Majorca
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Buckie2k5 wrote:
    lets face it wearing rapha is like owning an audi these days... :D

What you like a good quality product with some prestige and/or have some disposable income...

I have a few Rapha items. A lot which I have bought in there various sales. I think there kit is excellent quality. I also like the fact that they are plain and classic looking which few brands are these days.

Don't like it then don't buy it. Simples!
  • Just noticed a £2 increase in the postage charge, business must be booming.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Had a discussion about shipping with them this am - pointing out that Assos will ship free on orders over £50. The rep said that Rapha has seen a large increase in their shipping costs. But it's simple. Too expensive? don't buy it. A lot of their stuff is now really good and you are buying into a (perceived) premium brand. Prendas has lots of good stuff at sensible prices
    M.Rushton
  • I've always been sceptical of Rapha. However, I recently got a 2nd hand Country jersey & a gilet and I'm very impressed. Can't fault them and the attention to detail is very good along with a really good fit.

Would I pay full price for new items though? Probably not.
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    They have also remove 6% cashback from Quidco and TCB!!

Damn
  • ddraver
    I've always been sceptical of Rapha. However, I recently got a 2nd hand Country jersey & a gilet and I'm very impressed. Can't fault them and the attention to detail is very good along with a really good fit.

Careful! i did the smae with the socks once and my amount of Rapha kit has been growing in size steadily ever since! Everytime i buy something it genuinely turns out to be the best "one of them" I own and I love it.

Those socks are gateway drugs i tell you! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Just noticed a £2 increase in the postage charge, business must be booming.
    And they've doubled the minimum spend for free postage to £200
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • mrushton
    My point exactly. That Assos will ship free on orders over £50. I've spent £400+ this week with Rapha (my gf wears their kit) so I'm not a newcomer to Rapha but that shipping irritates me - it's not as tho' the prices are low. Prendas seem able to ship free. However, Rapha get full marks for their returns policy.
    M.Rushton
  • jotko
    jotko Posts: 457
    Just noticed a £2 increase in the postage charge, business must be booming.
    And they've doubled the minimum spend for free postage to £200

Free postage on pretty much everything then :lol:
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    There armwarmers will be £500 at this rate of price increase within a couple of yrs :lol:
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    i like raphia though just the products are really good and also what you get with the service and think the products look really good
  • Considering Assos charge £309 for one of their bib shorts ........... they are in relative terms very cheap.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    ddraver wrote:
    I've always been sceptical of Rapha. However, I recently got a 2nd hand Country jersey & a gilet and I'm very impressed. Can't fault them and the attention to detail is very good along with a really good fit.

Careful! i did the smae with the socks once and my amount of Rapha kit has been growing in size steadily ever since! Everytime i buy something it genuinely turns out to be the best "one of them" I own and I love it.

Those socks are gateway drugs i tell you! ;)

Funny you should say that my first item was a Pair of socks haha.
  • ddraver
    Yet again they have f**ked up the postage for me...
    - @ddraver
  • 30% off base layers, then £6 for postage lol.
  • Binsey30
    Binsey30 Posts: 1
    Another offer today with 30% off Spring outerwear, maybe sales have slowed down a bit?
  • domc21
    domc21 Posts: 86
    The pro team jacket is a fantastic bit of clothing....lt got me through the winter well worth it with the discount.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Binsey30 wrote:
    Another offer today with 30% off Spring outerwear, maybe sales have slowed down a bit?

Its normal higher end retail practice. Put the price high to capture the big spenders and then drop the price to capture those on lower budgets. If there are plenty of big spenders the price keeps rising.
  • Just had the email back in stock for the classic mitts.

April fool my ar$e
  • mrushton
    Perhaps someone can explain postage to me. If I order a pair of socks it's £6. If I order a jacket or jersey and some bib shorts and the total is £199 I still pay £6 yet the size/weight of the package will be v.different so how does that work?
    M.Rushton
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    mrushton wrote:
    Perhaps someone can explain postage to me. If I order a pair of socks it's £6. If I order a jacket or jersey and some bib shorts and the total is £199 I still pay £6 yet the size/weight of the package will be v.different so how does that work?

It's simpler for them to deal with and means you're more likely to buy more than a pair of socks to get yer moneys worth.

But I'm guessing you weren't interested in buying any Rapha anyway? ;)

ps. Not happy with the recent price increases and the removal of refer a friend...means I wont be buying a classic jersey as planned...but it's up to them, there are other cheaper brands available even brit ones that I will try.
  • ddraver
    THEY RE RELOCATING! http://pages.rapha.cc/events/rapha-relo ... d-paradise

Explains everything!!!

*innocent face*
    - @ddraver