gtlobo is a scammer...beware!!!

daisbuys
daisbuys Posts: 167
Just to let you all know that I have been scammed by a member called gtlobo.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=108799

Basically He replied to my post regarding wanting CRC Vouchers.

I gave him £50 for £100's worth of chain reaction vouchers and he has not sent me the codes!!!

It has been 24 hours since payment, he's been on here numerous times today (last being 7pm) and has failed to reply to any of my messages!

I initially paid by pay pal goods, and he said it was pending at his end so refunded me the pay pal payment and asked me to do a bank transfer....to which I stupidly agreed to!

My own fault I suppose, as I never got a mobile number off him or even had photographic evidence of these vouchers, live and learn I suppose!

Comments

• gtlobo
    gtlobo Posts: 22
    i am not pm me ur emai been a member like 10 years on here
  • daisbuys
    Well have the courtesy to reply to the numerous messages AND emails I have sent you then! And you have my email by the way from the pay pal payments I sent you!

You stated you had no internet just now by PM but you were still able to log in numerous times yesterday!!

Send me codes by PM so mods can witness....
  • daisbuys
    Re: vouchers
    Sent: 27 Feb 2014 10:17
    by gtlobo

thats fine i am always logged in on here, am at work now so will send em ova to u at 5.30pm that cool?

As to your private message to me earlier today (^Above^) you promised to send me codes by PM today by 5:30pm....needless to say it is now 6:40pm and have still not heard from you........
  • daisbuys
  • daisbuys
    3 hours later and still nothing!

Fair play mate, 10 years on here and your good to your word ain't you!
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    gtlobo wrote:

Get this sorted gtlobo or we will regards you as a scammer and ban you
  • daisbuys
    He's taking the right royal pi55!!

Haven't heard from him since that last pm Thursday morning!

He's even logged in tonight at 9pm, and not even a PM acknowledgment or anything!

The guy is an utter ars3hole, and if you read this you can keep the £50 you stole of me and I hope karma bites you in the ars3 big time!!!!!

And one more thing, here's the crime reference number for you as a friendly reminder that you will have a knock on your door very soon NFRC140200547373
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hugehero
    hugehero Posts: 281
    What an absolute jerk. You must be extremely hard up to steal £50! I can't understand why anyone would risk their freedom, and reputation for steal such paltry amounts. To me it seems he set out to scam from the beginning because I personally have never seen any payments under £500 take a long time to process, so his statement about the payment "pending" is utter nonsense.

I really hoped it was some kind of misunderstanding but it seems like a clear cut case of gtlobo being a lowlife, scamming piece of pond scum! (I am sorry for the strong wording but people like this vex me to no end!)

I hope mods pass on your details to the relevant law enforcement agents. Although if I were the victim, I personally would be inclined to pay this chap a visit and dish out my own brand of justice. :mrgreen:
  • hugehero
    nicklouse wrote:

OH GOD! If it is ADAM REES then I really hope we can get this guy caught!! This guy is one of most notorious scams on the net. This guy is a nasty piece of work to say the least!!

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/mattygee02067 ... ammer.html

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomme ... did=130267

And if it is Adam Rees then you will find this particular post useful :mrgreen:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... d-scammers
  • gtlobo wrote:

10 years and 19 posts. Wow! Guess your a prolific poster then!
  • daisbuys
    His name is A C Rees....well that's the name he have me for the bank transfer!!!

Going to read the links now....
  • daisbuys
    Looks like this Adam Craig Rees is our guy!!!

Mods, over to you with banning this weasel.

PS I believe he uses AOL as his IP address, but numerous AOL users share the same IP so he can always set up a new account! Clever little cun7!!
  • Velonutter
    If he is under a community order and has scammed you whilst doing it then he will be in big trouble.

I'd try and call the local police and see if you can get any joy that way?
  • daisbuys
    I'm in touch with two of the lads he has scammed recently, who are in turn are in touch with Dorset police!

Keep you all updated on this rat!
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    What a clunt.

If it's any help I have a £5 CRC voucher you can have the code to. Just PM me. It's valid until the 11th March.
  • daisbuys
    Hey thanks for the offer of the crc voucher Johnny, would love to take it off your hands!

The guy is a complete rat!
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    PM'd you.
  • daisbuys
    Johnny your a gent!!

Thanks mate, really appreciate it :)
  • daisbuys wrote:
    Hey thanks for the offer of the crc voucher Johnny, would love to take it off your hands!

The guy is a complete rat!

I too have a £5 voucher if you want the code mate, not much but if you can use it the code is yours :D

Hope this little sh1t gets the karma he deserves
  • daisbuys
    Danger mouse your a gem!

Will PM you now, thanks mate!
  • daisbuys wrote:
    Danger mouse your a gem!

Will PM you now, thanks mate!

Code sent mate, enjoy your purchase........and I hope that little scrote gets what he deserves
  • daisbuys
    Thanks Pete!!!

Really appreciate it, and don't worry I will not let it go to waste :)

Faith in human nature finally getting restored, thanks again boys!
  • hugehero
    I should have a voucher knocking about aswell. Will pm you after a quick dig around :mrgreen:
  • daisbuys
    hugehero wrote:
    I should have a voucher knocking about aswell. Will pm you after a quick dig around :mrgreen:

Wow thanks Hugero!!

All these £5 vouchers is a big F U to Adam Rees the thieving little skip rat!

Thanks boys, getting overwhelmed with the kindness on here xxx
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    Feeling rather stupid.
    Bought a few bits from this muppet and the same rubbish, no response to pm etc etc
    Luckily its only £10 but I should have checked first.
    Only just seen this thread
    What a tosser !!
    Come on Mods it must be easy enough to block this guy !!!

It's been 2 weeks and no sign of my stuff or any response to pm's

As for you gtlobo..........you'll get yours one day fella !!!
    I ride therefore I am
  • barrie h
    barrie h Posts: 102
    Found this in the Daily Echo in Bournemouth 14 Feb 2914

ADAM CRAIG REES aged 29 of Norwich Avenue West, Bournemouth. Admitted fraud by false representation by taking money for bicycle parts and not supplying them, intending to make a gain of £270. Also sentenced for original offence in respect of which a conditional discharge was made in March 2013 – stealing £160. Community order made to be under a curfew for six weeks and be electronically monitored. To pay compensation of £270.

Barrie
  • Velonutter
    barrie h wrote:
    Found this in the Daily Echo in Bournemouth 14 Feb 2914

ADAM CRAIG REES aged 29 of Norwich Avenue West, Bournemouth. Admitted fraud by false representation by taking money for bicycle parts and not supplying them, intending to make a gain of £270. Also sentenced for original offence in respect of which a conditional discharge was made in March 2013 – stealing £160. Community order made to be under a curfew for six weeks and be electronically monitored. To pay compensation of £270.

Barrie

That sentence is a complete joke!

This member seems to be logging in from a mobile, so no point blocking his IP address, but I can confirm that he is banned.

The problem is that whilst people can log on via their mobiles they will get a different IP address each time, so it is impossible to block it as otherwise genuine members will be blocked if they use the same IP address later on.

No point blocking his email, as he will only set another up, all we can ask is that people be vigilant, don't pay by Bank Transfer without knowing the seller and don't pay via PayPal gift.

Read my advice thread below: -

viewtopic.php?f=40046&t=12906418
  • daisbuys
    Update....He has just refunded me in full my £50!

Maybe the police knocked on his door or he just didn't fancy a visit of associates of mine....will never know?

But thanks to the forum members on here sending me in the right direction to his previous scams and of his whereabouts....

Morale of the story, don't pay by bank transfer, cheques, postal order and pay by pay pal gift no matter how long the seller has been a member on the forum.
  • Result, but you shouldn't have had to go through this in the first place