Condor Super Acciaco ** Updated **

mattythemod
mattythemod Posts: 289
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
Bit like buses on this forum lately but due to a few requests i though i would share my 2014 Condor Super Acciaco that picked up from the Condor store a couple of days ago .

Standard Geomtry but with a custom paint job which added another £100 to the price 8) ,Weight as pictured is 2.41 kgs as for the build Campag Carbon Centaur with Deda 35 cockpit and my DT Swiss hubbed Pacenti rimmed wheel set .

Hope you guys n girls like it and i will try and update as the build continues .006_zps818543e1.jpg

Comments

• Love it!
  • matig0l
    matig0l Posts: 37
    Love that frame. Looking forward to seeing this one come together.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Nice! I like the colour / graphics.

What size frame?
  • Realy nice colors!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Ok, no joking around - that is SH1T HOT!

Please weigh the bare frame sans BB. Don't mind if you leave on the seat collar.

Combined weights are imprecise.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looking forward to seeing this.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Ok, no joking around - that is SH1T HOT!

Please weigh the bare frame sans BB. Don't mind if you leave on the seat collar.

2.41 kgs as pictured Condor claim 1800 grams just for the frame .

Thanks for your kind words .
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    Lovely. Am certain it will look fantastic built as you describe.
  • PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    Sharp!!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Ok, no joking around - that is SH1T HOT!

Hi, saw the 1800 gm mentioned on Condor's site but was more interested in what a real sample weighed. Also, that means the full carbon fork is 600+ grams? If you don't mind indulging this old man I'd be much obliged.

The stripes on the Deda 35 stuff will compliment well.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Ok, no joking around - that is SH1T HOT!

Hi, saw the 1800 gm mentioned on Condor's site but was more interested in what a real sample weighed. Also, that means the full carbon fork is 600+ grams? If you don't mind indulging this old man I'd be much obliged.

The stripes on the Deda 35 stuff will compliment well.

Not sure what size Condor quote for the 1800 gram frame but mine is a 55 cm , mine was weighed on my LBS park scales and included carbon headset , seat collar, steerer tube bung and headset spacers ....its in a semi built state now so weighing the fork will be a pita but on my poor maths its bout 380 grams .

Not sure if it will be an overdose of red stripes as my DT Swiss 240`s have a red panel on the center of the hub as well ?
  • mattythemod
    Finally done , Just need to adjust the saddle tilt , Steerer to be cut after first couple of rides once i am happy with the postion and add some pedals .Pretty happy with the final result .

[url][/url]002_zps93c30a2f.jpg
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Good job done there, it looks great.

Can't help but think it would look better with a blingy wheelset. I'm seeing some mavic ksyrium SLS.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    That is very nice. Is that a curve in the r/h chainstay, while the l/h stay is straight?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    that looks fantastic, let us know how it rides
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    It's Acciaio, which is the Italian for steel, acciaco(or more correctly acciacco) is the Italian for some kind of ache

Acciacco dell'eta' = age related ache

PS: the frame looks ace, but it would look even more ace with polished silver components
    left the forum March 2023
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    Stunning. I'm off up to Condor tomorrow to see about their regular Acciaio. Hats off to you fella.

Ben
  • mattythemod
    mm1 wrote:
    That is very nice. Is that a curve in the r/h chainstay, while the l/h stay is straight?

Yes thats part of the design ...Condor claim it helps prevent chain slap .