Rapha - They have put their prices up!

antsmithmk
antsmithmk Posts: 717
edited April 2014 in Road general
Winter hat has gone from 35 to 40 quid!

Brevet Jersey now in short sleeve at £195!!!!

A fool and their money....

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Would suggest they now have their market and enough buyers as they have removed the RAF. It was a surprisingly large hike which varied across the board from 10 to 30%.

Not sure how it compares to Assos prices now, but I did wonder if people will shift over if they are buying for the quality/free repair as well as the image
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    It's about time, their bargain basement prices were never sustainable.
    Insert bike here:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    mpatts wrote:

:D
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876
    They probably see it as an important move to keep the Rff Raph away from the Rapha.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    YAWN. Another Rapha sniping post
  • For the first time I agree with LegendLust... we have seen enough threads about Rapha prices... if you don't think it's value, don't buy their kit, it's simple... pointless to go on with this fake outrage
    left the forum March 2023
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    mpatts wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Surely the winter hat will be down in price in a few weeks. Spring is on the way !
  • The higher prices will help you reach the £200 now required to get free shipping!
  • For the first time I agree with LegendLust... we have seen enough threads about Rapha prices... if you don't think it's value, don't buy their kit, it's simple... pointless to go on with this fake outrage

It's genuine outrage!!!
  • antsmithmk wrote:
    For the first time I agree with LegendLust... we have seen enough threads about Rapha prices... if you don't think it's value, don't buy their kit, it's simple... pointless to go on with this fake outrage

It's genuine outrage!!!

Why are you outraged? You state 'a fool and their money' which obviously means you don't buy the stuff, you just started a thread to slate Rapha.

As ugo says - it's getting really boring.
  • They serve nice coffee.
  • antsmithmk wrote:
    It's genuine outrage!!!

Don't be silly, get down form the mountains, head to the high street and have a look how much a Mulberry handbag retails for...

If you want value there is always Aldi cycling gear... it's 80% as good as Rapha at 8% of the price
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    They are just trying it get as much out of customers as they can, no different to any other retailer.

People buying premium gear are not very price sensitive, unlike myself buying last years quality kit at greatly reduced prices in the sales.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I don't think that Rapha is overpriced and their stuff generally looks good, in the past I wouldn't have hesitated to buy Rapha but unfortunately I now have two young children.
  • Thing I've found with Rapha is when you buy something, you don't replace it anytime soon. It does its job 100% of the time and the fit is perfect. Just like Asos, it's a bit of an investment. Saying that, I get a decent discount through my club which softens the blow.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Last time I checked, no one was forced to buy Rapha. If you think it too expensive, buy something else. Simple.
  • Whilst their prices may have gone up, I am surprised that no one has picked up on the postage increase...but until you place an order you won't notice. Free postage was previously given for orders overs £100, not any more, a Jersey priced at £140 now incurs a postage cost of £6, eBay style postage mark up...but the site defaults to express delivery, at a cost of £10, hmmm, bollox to that.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I'll just pop over to Sydney and buy what I want from the Rapha store and get the GST off at the airport. Cheaper than Online.
  • Can wait for the new classic mitts @ £70
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Courtesy of Rapha, free of charge and for today only

http://pages.rapha.cc/stories/the-great ... w-on-earth

Enjoy...
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Can wait for the new classic mitts @ £70

Crazy price, but they do look the business.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i do buy rapha but i was waiting to buy some pro team long bibs, i did think they had put the price up now £190, i am a bit gutted as its getting to much for me. i think i will end up selling both kidneys instead of one! i don't get the rapha bashing that goes on, i certainly am not the best cyclist in the world in fact I'm probably below average but i like to spend my money on things that i like that are concerned to my hobby.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    There is always Torm.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    There is always Torm.

Similar look, but not as good quality. I have a Torm jersey and I have a Rapha jersey. The Rapha is much better quality. That's not to say Torm is not good value for money.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    There is always Torm.

There is. But only for jerseys (and base layers). And one could not possibly wear a Torm jersey with their Rapha Pro Team socks darling.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    ianbar wrote:
    i do buy rapha but i was waiting to buy some pro team long bibs, i did think they had put the price up now £190, i am a bit gutted as its getting to much for me. i think i will end up selling both kidneys instead of one! i don't get the rapha bashing that goes on, i certainly am not the best cyclist in the world in fact I'm probably below average but i like to spend my money on things that i like that are concerned to my hobby.

Hobby! Cycling should be a passion :wink:
  • I love the (sadly few) Rapha bits that I have; it performs well and looks good, even on me.
    My issue is that, at the prices they're charging, they really should be making this stuff in the UK.
    I've no doubt that they will be shifting production to Europe in the future, I hope that it happens soon,

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I love the (sadly few) Rapha bits that I have; it performs well and looks good, even on me.
    My issue is that, at the prices they're charging, they really should be making this stuff in the UK.
    I've no doubt that they will be shifting production to Europe in the future, I hope that it happens soon,

Not likely at the moment they are making a fortune ramping up the prices on low cost production.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    There is always Torm.

There is. But only for jerseys (and base layers). And one could not possibly wear a Torm jersey with their Rapha Pro Team socks darling.

I do