Orange Gyro Pro, Now with pics!!

BigStu2
BigStu2 Posts: 794
edited April 2014 in Your mountain bikes
cg2y.jpg

Due to flooding it hasn't arrived so untill then I'll wet your appetites with this!!
.........all
...at........work
fun..................&
..no.............no
.....is......play

Comments

• Im sold mate lol
  • BigStu2
    32f7.jpg
    8whr.jpg
    cqt3.jpg

Been fiddling with it the last couple of days since it arrived and after 4 months on a Kona unit 29er its err very soft.
    Robbed the Haven bars and seat/post from my Ragley and threw on a Turbine 6deg neg stem so 'I'll see how that feels, had a 55mm haven on yesterday felt to short and nervous, but then I was in the snow. Strangely I do feel the gyro effect with these wheels but not on the Kona even though the kona front wheel is slightly heavier than this one even with the ice spiker fitted!!
    Early days, I'm just rapped, need to fiddle with air-rebound settings but then thats what the summer is for :)
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    Very nice bike whats the travel on these
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    7/10 would bang
  • BigStu2
    120mm front 110mm rear.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • BigStu2
    60mm Raceface Turbine flipflop stem installed in the flop position and its starting to feel very moto now.
    Absolutely ate the rocks and roots on todays singletrack adventure, untill the rear brake decided to loose the inner pad that is :x
    The 2013 fox fork hasn't had much of a good review and when I set it up with roughly 20% sag when seated it blew threw its travel, Sooo I came up with this, add air till it no longer compresses when you sit on the bike then add an extra puff, very scientific, now if you carefully stand you should get around 18-20mm sag, Now run the fork in downhill mode All the time, rebound 4 clicks from fully fast, and fine tune from there. I find it now helps pop the bike up and over trail obstacles like it should rather than be a complete hindrance, the feather bed feeling has gone but now I can hammer it along just fine....just waiting on the brakepads to arrive....Oh well looks like I'll be out on the Unit tommorrow with the lads :lol:
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • BigStu2
    edited April 2014
    A nice set of Stans Arch/Hope wheels with some 2.25 Racing Ralphs have found their way onto the beast this week and has lobbed off a kilo right there, that along with the carbon bar and seatpost and a 60mm turbine stem and its down to 12.95kg ready to ride, it was 13.98kg without pedals when I bought it, my old 2010 five pro was 12.5kilos. Happy?? Yes :mrgreen:
    Running the fork in downhill mode still seems to work, fine-tuned it now and added air to the rear shock so its firmer in trail mode, seems to sprint between bumps now instead of bogging down in a mess of plush. All in all happy as.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    wonder why they don't stick a rubber through the brake line hole on the swing arm. Mine is the same, and with the vibration is sure to wear through the hose.
  • BigStu2
    Matt-r8, youv'e just had me Googling like mad, seems all Gyros are the same, rubber grommet on the way in nothing on the way out, mines an ex demo model and it had enough use to completely wear-out a set of rear brakepads before I received it and the hose looks unscathed so maybe its fine, wont stop me from plugging something there anyway :) Good one
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    My five has the front grommet, but nothing at the back, I would say that any grommet may put a sharpish bend in the brake hose, so if it's not needed then why fit. My hose does not rattle or make any annoying noise and has no sign of wear as yet
  • BigStu2
    o53s.jpg
    kmvg.jpg

Well, two of the blurriest images known to man but It still looks good I reckon.
    An EThirteen bashgaurd has been added this week as I was sick of rounding off the teeth on the chainring and I love the way it looks.
    Can't Believe how fast it is in proper rocky- rooty terrain, Picture a watermellon split in half, now litter the trail for the next 200m with rocks like that again and again and you'll be wearing a smile like this :mrgreen: when you look back to see if your hardtail buddies are behind you and their nowhere to be seen :D
    I've gone on about air pressures a bit and I've now found I've dropped them back down quite a bit, so much so I can run downhill mode for the fork on flattish trails when its covered in those watermelon rocks and its just "Gorgeous" as Steve Irwan would say.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • garnib
    garnib Posts: 38
    8)
    Sweet looking ride mate ;)