Sorting A Local Loop Out

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited March 2014 in MTB general
P270214_1024_zps820aaf10.jpg
Me and the boy went exploring around a couple of local loops that we haven't been on since the stormy weather and to our surprise there was the odd tree down and it was super boggy in places as well, we took a little pruning saw with us bet we could of done with a chainsaw to be honest.
P270214_1024_01_zpsd2515e65.jpg
This was a token gesture on D's behalf, I was sweating my bit off by the time I got through it and only to find another one just around the corner, as we moved on we moved a couple of smaller ones which were quite easy.
P270214_1008_zps58f77495.jpg
As we got onto the more open going things got easier if very wet and the little lane behind the bikes was a deep grey sticky gloop so we slithered down the side of it, as the route is quite a big loop I asked D if he wanted to go round again now it was open, guess what the light weight didn't, he's supposed to be the young fit one !!

Comments

• good work sorting it out, and the forethought to take appropriate equipment. :D I generally find two children are required for this type of work though, swap them in and out as they tire :wink:
  • Lazy little devil said he would do the cutting and I would have to more the cut off bits, hmmm I seemed to do the cutting and moving, I was sweating like a pig, little folding pruning saw stows away in a ruck sack no problem and after the gales we have had I thought we would need it.

Off to some other tracks tomorrow I wonder if my daughter would like to come along, like your idea of swapping them over halfway :)
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Make him do it in only shorts next time - less clothes washing to do after - and make sure he builds you a fire to keep you warm while supervising and shouting at him. And make him clean your bike... :evil:

Joking - well done the pair of you.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    FishFish wrote:
    Make him do it in only shorts next time - less clothes washing to do after - and make sure he builds you a fire to keep you warm while supervising and shouting at him. And make him clean your bike... :evil:

Joking - well done the pair of you.

I think your right I seem to be doing all the work we went out today to have a look at another route, it was a fantastic day we could of ridden round in T shirt and shorts, forgot my phone so no pics until I got home it was rather wet on top of the hills :D

P010314_1506_01_zps22f3e341.jpg

Talking of him washing my bike ( wouldn't trust him with my bike ) 2 weekends a go we all went out the wife, daughter, son and me and I had 4 bikes to wash, dry and lube, where am I going wrong :roll: