Shutt VR - Problems?

Skyewalker16
Skyewalker16 Posts: 21
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Has anyone had problems with Shutt VR this year regarding purchases or returns?

Ordered a jacket from them but did not fit correctly so returned it within 2 days of receipt. Followed the rules regarding returns but they still have not credited my money back to my card. I received an initial e- mail from their sales and marketing manager saying it would take a couple of weeks to sort out my refund but that was a month ago. Have sent e-mails this week but they have not replied and no-one is picking up the phone.

Not looking good for me and my refund. Credit card company now involved. Just thought I'd share my issues just in case you were considering purchasing from them. They may take your money but you may not receive your good. Smells of liquidation to me

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Never had issues with them and they always return my calls.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Just sharing my problems during 2014. I do not doubt that in previous years they had good customer service. Whilst they may not want to respond to my e-mails they don't know who is ringing. The phone either rings for a while and then flat lines or rings and then goes to a bt type answer phone stating that it is full and a message cannot be left. Perhaps it is from other disgruntled customers with outstanding problems.

So much for trying to support a uk based company. I wouldn't mind but their products aren't cheap.
  • Oxo
    Oxo Posts: 144
    I'm not unsure what's going on tbh - victims of their own success maybe? I've had some orders within a couple of days, others are taking months (even when the item was shown as in stock when ordered). Replies to emails have been patchy and I've not managed to get through on the 'phone since last November. Patience running low, but the products, when you get them, are fantastic! So frustrating :?
    Sunday Best: 2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    Foul Weather: 2010 Kinesis Racelight T2
    Commuter: 1958 Holdsworth Zephyr Fixed Gear
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    edited February 2014
    As much as it pains me to say it, when I had an issue it took me calling them out on Facebook to get a response. Once they replied to my email, they said that it had slipped through and were very apologetic. The issue was sorted that afternoon and my order arrived a day later. I hate Facebook and the fact more and more companies are using it as a formal communication medium, but it does seem to work. It might be worth posting something on their wall.

Ben

Edit: I forgot to add that I was very pleased with the products I ordered and the way the issue was resolved.
  • Not as such with them but i bought a pair of their shorts and didnt think much of them the pad is so thina nd for a tt position no good st all. Sticking with etxondo
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    I too was having problems with Shutt VR having returned a jacket just after christmas as it was too small. I requested an exchange but didn't receive another one for several weeks. I started to panic after not getting any response from them from email or via phone but eventually they did return my call and apologised for all the delays and lack of response and it was purely down to being short staffed ( they are trying to recruit more staff) and extremely busy plus they had been hit badly with the floods. Anyway they did send me my jacket and a gift as an apology. I know it's frustrating but they came good for me in the end. Maybe try contacting them via Facebook as I know they posted on their page today.
  • Thanks Rando. I hope my problem does get resolved. My credit card company was chomping at the bit to get involved over a month ago but is persuaded them to leave it as I hoped to resolve it myself. Will try again tomorrow.

Will update the forum if I am successful as I would not want to ''dis' Shutt VR if it is a legitimate mistake although from my perspective I am still not conviced.
  • rando
    Thanks Rando. I hope my problem does get resolved. My credit card company was chomping at the bit to get involved over a month ago but is persuaded them to leave it as I hoped to resolve it myself. Will try again tomorrow.

Will update the forum if I am successful as I would not want to ''dis' Shutt VR if it is a legitimate mistake although from my perspective I am still not conviced.

I had also spoke to my credit car company and gave them the details but the very next day I got a phone call from Shutt VR so cancelled the credit card involvement.
    Hopefully you will get it all resolved and quickly. Think the UK needs all the British companies it can get and I know the jacket I purchased is only made down the road from me in leicestershire so I am all for supporting UK companies.
  • miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    The issue this year all is that I have been in an out of ICU with a serious health issue which leaves Lauren alone in the office. I am off for another round of treatment this weekend.. A shame as its our 5th birthday bash!

We have been trying with out success, remote location apparently, to hire a couple of admins to help out. So if you know of anyone who might like to help out then do DM.

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • miggers wrote:
    The issue this year all is that I have been in an out of ICU with a serious health issue which leaves Lauren alone in the office. I am off for another round of treatment this weekend.. A shame as its our 5th birthday bash!

We have been trying with out success, remote location apparently, to hire a couple of admins to help out. So if you know of anyone who might like to help out then do DM.

Pete

Get well soon!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rando
    miggers wrote:

Pete

All the best for this weekend then Pete with your treatment. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    (i am just one of your customers)
  • miggers
    Thanks for the kind words...

We do care, and hate mucking anyone about. Morale has been pants this year at the same time we've never been busier.. Poor Lauren is tearing her hair out juggling everything..

Skyewalker16 - if you can come back to my DM before 2pm I can sort you today. I go for pre-med at 1515 and will miss you today.

Cheers, Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • Peter,

I have sent you an E-Mail to your ShuttVR address.
  • miggers
    I"m not near it Paul but I think I have found yours and sorted it.. Gotta to go, I have a pretty nurse wanting to stab me...

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • Thanks Pete,

A bit of communication works wonders. Hope the treatment goes well for you
  • miggers
    I know.. The joys of wifi and an ipad Paul..

I hope so too cos its rather painful atm and they keep chopping bits off me!

Cheers, Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • Communication path now made and good progress has been made. Appreciate the contact made. Fingers crossed my issue has been resolved.

Thanks to all for your help regarding this matter.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Pete is a great great guy, I am glad to see that he is got you sorted.

Get well soon Pete :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Good to see your company has made it to school age Pete... I remember when it was just a toddler and still have the bibs to prove it.

Get well soon.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    miggers wrote:
    I know.. The joys of wifi and an ipad Paul..

I hope so too cos its rather painful atm and they keep chopping bits off me!

Cheers, Pete

Best of luck, Pete. Hope you recover soon.

Always good to see a small independent company make a place for themselves in the market, would always rather support the smaller firm than a global corporation.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Get well soon, I did not have any problems with my order
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    just wore my classic long sleeve jersey for the first time and loved it, I had to exchange an item as it was to big and it was all done very swiftly.
  • Yes get well soon, its tough on small businesses at the best of times without stuff like that.
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    Anyone got an update on Shutt VR? - I've been trying to buy a jersey but seem to have hit a comms cul-de-sac.

It sounds from the above like the owner has been going through a pretty sh*tty patch, - the last post was over a year ago, - I hope all turned out ok, and he did indeed get well soon.

You've got to be impressed by someone dealing with sales queries while waiting for his pre-op!
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    I think that Peter is still suffering from health issues as their last post in March on Facebook was apologising for issues stemming from this. I note that after a run of negative feedback that their ebay shop has been shut down. It is a real shame and I do hope that they manage to pick themselves up from this.
  • gabriel959
    From what I had read Peter was about to die and the company was being transferred to his wife.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • 70\ʹspenguin
    70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
    So sad. I have a team jersey and a white signature one and they are my most worn tops. I hope they stay in business. Best of luck to them
  • Once Pete contacted me any concerns I intially had soon disappeared. In fact since that time I have made other purchases from them with no problems and quality has been very good.

My advise would be to be patient if you can. Easy for me to say now but I certainly would stick with it. I would have no hesitation to buy again from them.
  • gabriel959
    Once Pete contacted me any concerns I intially had soon disappeared. In fact since that time I have made other purchases from them with no problems and quality has been very good.

My advise would be to be patient if you can. Easy for me to say now but I certainly would stick with it. I would have no hesitation to buy again from them.

They are truly excellent although they use too much black. There used to be another employee, Lauren, but I am not sure if she is still working there.

I am not sure what is the status of Peter, I am just going by what I have read on their FB page btw!!!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • CF2
    CF2 Posts: 1
    It looks like the website is now down... so seems rather ominous.
    I think reluctantly I need to contact my credit card company to recover my money
    Such a shame, nice people and great clothing