2015 Alivio and Tourney

Twelly
Twelly Posts: 1,437
edited March 2014 in MTB general
http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/02/28/201 ... h-for-all/

New Alivio looks better than the new XTR in my opinion!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Looks good. It will work reliably, last forever and it will be cheap.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Isn't it 2014?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    It looks decent but the shifter and brake lever are one unit, so if you want to change you'd have to buy a new shifter or brake lever, which kinda locks you into it.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    They are doing a separate shifter which looks identical to my 2012 Deore shifters, so could run different brakes..

I won't be buying any of it as I have just finished building up an SLX/XT mix which will now stay until something breaks but just thought it all looked pretty good and its great you can get quality stuff at such a low price point now. 5 years ago this stuff would have been top spec gear!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    No denying it's exception value! It makes me wonder how cheap new Alivio is gonna be online, bear in mind you get a deore groupset online for under £250, it's gonna seriously cheap!
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Its neither particularly nice looking (I have seen it up close), nor will it be very cheap as the cheap stuff tends to be OE 'overstock', and no one bothers accidentally on purpose overstocking Alivio.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    TwellySmat wrote:
    New Alivio looks better than the new XTR in my opinion!

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the photos.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Has Alivio had hollowtec II before?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not before, no. Deore briefly had it in the early part of last decade.

I think it will sell well, and probably cheaply as is the top end 9 speed groupset, and loads still run 9 speed.