Good experience with CRC

Levi_501
Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
edited February 2014 in MTB general
Like a lot of you, I tend to buy a lot of my stuff from CRC and Merlin etc.

Sometime ago I bought a component (A) from CRC which did not work as described; what was worse it actually damaged another component (B) of mine.

At first CRC seemed reluctant to believe that the component (A) that I had bought did not function properly. However, after explaining it to them why, they said return it. I also sent the component (B) that had been damaged by component A, back.

After a couple of weeks, I received an email form them stating that they would refund me the faulty component.

Furthermore, they also emailed me confirming that they will refund me the cost of the damaged component - it is now discontinued thus they could not replace it.

So all in, a good effort by CRC.

Comments

• Excellent service from them here, only problem I found is they describe sram direct mount derailleur types incorrectly. However they dealt with it really well. Delivery really fast too
  • I've always had great service with them. Very helpful, and cheap. However next day delivery via Parcel Force with them is a bit of an issue. They offer it, and certainly send it for next day but Parcel Force won't deliver it next day. They claim that they can't and have told CRC this. Except Parcel Forces website clearly state that they CAN do next day delivery from Northern Ireland, and most items from CRC sent regular Royal Mail turn up next day.

Not CRC's problem but something to watch out for though. BTW When I had this happen to me CRC refunded me the extra postal costs immediately.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Another recent order from CRC which was delivered within 48 hours of my (4:15pm) order.....only a seatpost shim, but nice to know I have it ready for when needed Monday.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I had a helmet ordered and delivered within 2 days for no extra cost. I've had a couple of orders with them now and they've always got it spot on.

I do live in Northern Ireland though, could be favouritism :)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Yup CRC have always been pretty good to me never once arguing the toss when something has gone wrong

In all fairness Merlin & Wiggle have been just as good send it back refund/replace bish bosh done

Only time I have any problems is with the smaller outfits I guess they must get people who try it on and have to make sure but why so argumentative?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Use CRC a lot, funny thing is that even though I'm in N.I. delivery is no quicker than people on the mainland usually get.

Last order I did was to J E James and they had it delivered within 48 hours which I though was excellent.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Another satisfied CRC customer here. Koo Bikes were really good with a recent problem too.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Never had a problem with CRC and I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them. The free delivery and returns makes it very easy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I've had good experiences with CRC, Wiggle and Merlin. They're all great companies who realize that customer support is key to keeping customers, unlike Ribble. I've ordered 3 items from Ribble in the past - all 3 were shown as in stock when I ordered them. Two weeks later (for all three) I rang them up asking where my orders were and they told me they were out of stock. They didn't think of telling me or updating their stock systems - never going back to them again...

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    CRC have always been good for me, had problem with track pump emailed about it and suggested if they sent the repair kit I was happy to fix it myself, got an email back saying a new pump was being sent and not to bother returning the old one.
    Only company I've had trouble with were Tredz who list stock they don't have.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The free delivery and returns makes it very easy.

Big selling point for me. Order it, try it on, if it doesn't fit then send it back and it's not cost a anything (as long as the box is no bigger than 30x30x60cm).