Edge 810 Distance

AdrianStuart
AdrianStuart Posts: 140
edited February 2014 in Road general
I know this is a stupid question.

I want to measure my speed and distance in miles / mph. On the display page, the speed is displayed in mph, but the distance is measured in feet....I have gone through the system settings but there doesn't seem to be an option to have miles & mph. Am I being a compete "knob"

Maybe I need to have another drink...that seems to help sometimes

Comments

• Hi,

It displays feet to a point, then becomes miles as the distance increases.

Mick
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Have a look in the settings for Distance/Speed. If the option selected is Statue then the feet will soon turn into miles after quite a short distance. Mine is set the same, it shows 0ft at present but as soon as I go any distance the feet becomes 0.1 miles etc.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    It's a similar function on the time display - that's mm:ss until it passes the hour mark then becomes hh:mm. Neat

Here's a question as we seem to have a flurry of 800 questions at the mo.

I did a route using turn by turn navigation the other day but it was utterly pointless as it doesn't beep to announce the turn until I was at least on it and usually past it. That's less than useful at junctions but a complete pain at roundabouts where it's better to be in lane in advance. My Garmin satnav in the car gives me advance warning - is there way to make the 800 do the same?
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    CiB wrote:
    It's a similar function on the time display - that's mm:ss until it passes the hour mark then becomes hh:mm. Neat

I did a route using turn by turn navigation the other day but it was utterly pointless as it doesn't beep to announce the turn until I was at least on it and usually past it. That's less than useful at junctions but a complete pain at roundabouts where it's better to be in lane in advance. My Garmin satnav in the car gives me advance warning - is there way to make the 800 do the same?
    Does it beep for everything else?
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • CiB wrote:

mine used to do this there is a setting while you up load the course from bikehike.co.uk (thats the gps mapping thingy i use) and you can set it to beep at a certain distance from the course warning point

i usually set mine to about 200ft and that gives me ample time to get sorted for where i need to be depending on the turning or roundabout exit i need

hope that makes sense