Cycling Plus BOTY Award 2014 (spoiler alert)

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
edited February 2014 in Road general
Out today in latest issue. Interesting as a Canyon purchaser that they rate the Canyon AL Ultimate AL SLX 9.0 SL higher than the CF SL. Although tbf, the quoted weight is for the 8.0 but price is for SL 9.0.

Great selection of bikes, should certainly help a lot of people looking for a bike in that price range.

Winner - Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 105.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Err, cheers. No point buying the mag then I guess.
  • The Trek Madone dies in the end

But not before sleeping with somebody elses Colnago.
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    At least it wasn't a Giant defy again....
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Err, cheers. No point buying the mag then I guess.

Thats right - because everyone has exactly the same requirements from a bike as that on which the testers from C+ judged it on, and so the Cannondale is the perfect bike for everyone. ;)

So - how will you know which bike is yours when every bike on the road is an identical Cannondale?? :lol:
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I'd guess that the pages of cycling plus will be covered with Cannondale over the next 12 months.££££££££££
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Out today in latest issue. Interesting as a Canyon purchaser that they rate the Canyon AL Ultimate AL SLX 9.0 SL higher than the CF SL. Although tbf, the quoted weight is for the 8.0 but price is for SL 9.0.

Great selection of bikes, should certainly help a lot of people looking for a bike in that price range.

How are they rated? Is price taken into account? Is the Canyon AL cheaper than the CF model?
    Always find it a bit pointless if price is taken into account in some kind of star system like they do in What Hi-Fi.

The Cannondale looks a great bike (if its the one I am thinking of). Will be interesting to see rif it now gets GiantSpecializedTrek nuub status :lol:
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Well, spoiler or not spoiler, the Synapse on the cover and 2 page Cannondale advert gives it away anyway, both before the actual test itself. I wish they wouldn't do that ...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    giant man wrote:
    Well, spoiler or not spoiler, the Synapse on the cover and 2 page Cannondale advert gives it away anyway, both before the actual test itself. I wish they wouldn't do that ...

What would you rather they did?
    Its not as though anyone reads all the reviews before turning to the page with the winner on.

Guess they could put a sealed gold envelope inside with the words 'And the winner is........' written on it.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    well I'm a magazine designer myself and I wouldn't do it like that.
  • Carbonator wrote:

How are they rated? Is price taken into account? Is the Canyon AL cheaper than the CF model?
    Always find it a bit pointless if price is taken into account in some kind of star system like they do in What Hi-Fi.

The Cannondale looks a great bike (if its the one I am thinking of). Will be interesting to see rif it now gets GiantSpecializedTrek nuub status :lol:

Yes the AL model is slightly cheaper, £1,699 against £1,899 but with different specs. It got 4.5 stars, the CF SL got 4 and was described as a bit nervy unless in capaable hands so I guess even though the CF SL has full Ultegra the frame of the AL must be pretty spectacular.