PORC

McNab_79
McNab_79 Posts: 82
edited February 2014 in Routes
Hey, I live on the London/Kent borders and I'm thinking about a day at PORC this coming Sunday.

Anyone know what it's like at the moment and is it practical for some general XC riding, as well as just having a day out and taking in some of the other things it has to offer, but which aren't necessarily my bag? The website doesn't seem to give too much info.
Tavish
Noob
It's my first MTB
ROCKRIDER 8.1

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    McNab_79 wrote:
    Hey, I live on the London/Kent borders and I'm thinking about a day at PORC this coming Sunday.

Anyone know what it's like at the moment and is it practical for some general XC riding, as well as just having a day out and taking in some of the other things it has to offer, but which aren't necessarily my bag? The website doesn't seem to give too much info.

Is it still open? I thought I read somewhere that it had closed down. I may very well be wrong though
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Im thought it was still open, you're not thinking of Woburn are you? That got flattened couple weeks ago :(
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    I think it may have changed hands a few years ago and closed for a little while.

Looks like its still going on its Facebook.

I went there about 10 years ago and didn't wear a very good helmet.... Or so the hospital told me. Been thinking about going back recently, its an awesome place.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013