Can you use Swisstop Greens on Carbon Clinchers?

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
edited February 2014 in Road general
Hi

My brake pads are pretty worn out but I have some unused Swisstop greens that I could swap in for use on my current winter wheels. Question, are they also suitable for PX 52mm Carbon Clinchers? "Ideal for alloy rims" seems to be the description but I'd guess the brake track is aluminium so not sure if they would be ok?

Thanks

Comments

• The pads are for aluminium, the brake track is aluminium, what exactly are you not sure about?
    left the forum March 2023
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Translated into friendly that reads...... Yes, they will be perfect :lol:

As long as the brake track is aluminium.
  • Carbonator wrote:
    Translated into friendly that reads...... Yes, they will be perfect :lol:

As long as the brake track is aluminium.

That's the bit I was after confirming. I assumed it was but thats why I raised the question, seems Ugo has answered it.

Cheers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I took it that he was accepting it was aluminium because you said it was, not because he knows it is.
  • There is a fundamental difference between carbon and aluminium and that is the first looks like carbon and the second looks like aluminium... I am sure you have seen samples of both and can decide for yourself if you have an aluminium or carbon brake track... under no circumstance carbon will disguise itself as aluminium, although I have seen specimen of aluminium painted to look like carbon

All I know is that Planet X doesn't sell full carbon clinchers that i am aware, but that might have changed
    left the forum March 2023