C2W bikes

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited February 2014 in Commuting general
Going to take the plunge when the window opens in my place of work which is June time. Looking for something with the following spec:

Alloy frame
Disc brakes. Rear on chainstay, not seat stay.
Shimano gearing if possible
Rack and guard mounts
£1k max obviously
Available through Halfrauds.

I've seen the Boardman CX team but not too keen on Sram shifters. What else in the £850 - £1k budget should I look at?
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    redvee wrote:
    Going to take the plunge when the window opens in my place of work which is June time. Looking for something with the following spec:

Alloy frame
    Disc brakes. Rear on chainstay, not seat stay.
    Shimano gearing if possible
    Rack and guard mounts
    £1k max obviously
    Available through Halfrauds.

I've seen the Boardman CX team but not too keen on Sram shifters. What else in the £850 - £1k budget should I look at?

If it has to be available through Halfords, would it not be more appropriate for you to go on the Halfords website and have a look there?
  • Focus mares ax 5.0
    Tiagra gearing, disc brakes, large volume tyres, full guards and rack mounts, also front hub dynamo, theres your ideal bike lol

Check with your local bike shops as some of them mite take the Halfords C2W Voucher
    dont only ride a bike
  • Yes, as OXOMAN stated, when my place offerred Halfords only bikes i was a bit gutted but the work website had a contact number for Halfords C2W scheme and they sorted me a Trek MTB and did it all through the LBS. worked out a treat.
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014