Dissertation Survey - Advertising in the Cycle Industry

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited March 2014 in MTB general
Afternoon all! I'm a third year student at Aberystwyth University and am in process of writing my dissertation on the techniques used by advertisers to communicate with consumers. In order to do this, I require a large amount of data regarding demographics and target markets in the cycling community. The survey below asks a few simple questions and will take no more than a few minutes to complete. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QXSPS33

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Another feckin half arsed shite survey from some lazy student who wants his homework doing for him and will never come back to this site again.......oh hang on a minute......all done for you :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Could do with a 'None' option on the 'What Cycling Magazines Do You Buy Regularly' question.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    PaulBox wrote:
    Could do with a 'None' option on the 'What Cycling Magazines Do You Buy Regularly' question.

That will be the 'less than one' option.

Well at least this one wasn't full of holes like most we get on here. Done.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Romeo, DONE!

Anyone else remember that? ha

Yeah I agree with PaulBox I was looking for the "none" option
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Kerrist, a survey from someone who actually posts on here, and is actually interested in cycling! And it shows, good survey, well thought out, logical and done!

My Eldest is at Aber (3rd year) as well as it happens!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Done but BMX not listed as a cycling activity but triathlon is...
  • At last a student with a brain
  • arran77
    At least you're getting a more helpful response here than you are in Road General :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    Done, quick and easy..... just how I like it
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Typical bloody thoughtless youngster. You forgot about Retrobike for us mature folk.

Bah bloody humbug, and a strongly worded letter is on it's way to the Times.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    But I filled it in anyway. Hopefully I'm getting some use for my tax dollar.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Done, now where is my bacon sarnie!!
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    How can we withdraw from the survey if it is anonymous?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • lawman
    FishFish wrote:
    How can we withdraw from the survey if it is anonymous?

More of just the usual HR crap I needed to add in in order to comply with University guidelines, they're pretty unforgiving when it comes to stuff like that!
  • paulbox
    PaulBox wrote:

That will be a different question...
  • lawman
    PaulBox wrote:
    PaulBox wrote:

Yep, missed that one out, my bad! The other box at the bottom allows you to enter none, so your answer is still valid :) Thanks for pointing it out :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Another hopelessly half arsed survey. Where's the ride.io option in websites?
  • lawman
    Another hopelessly half arsed survey. Where's the ride.io option in websites?

Sorry for missing that one out, the other box allows you to enter any other websites I forgot about/didn't know of, as it's impossible to include them all.
  • Romeo, DONE!

Anyone else remember that? ha

So Solid Crew and didn't the said Romeo then go on the sing something about gravy? Good times :? :lol: prefered Spooks myself

@ Lawman, I bet you thought you we're gonna get a pasting for thi given the diabolical attempts by some others recently :roll: good job though glad I could help :)
  • lawman
    @ Lawman, I bet you thought you we're gonna get a pasting for thi given the diabolical attempts by some others recently :roll: good job though glad I could help :)

I was dubious I will admit! :lol: I expected a few to speak out in displeasure but overall I'm chuffed with the responses I've had, they'll be incredibly useful for my work, so thank you to everyone who's taken part! :)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Oi where is the "Please" option on number one?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    Oi where is the arsing about on bikes option for 4?

Otherwise not bad.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • arran77
    nicklouse wrote:

1980 wants its joke back :P

seanoconn
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    First survey I've actually bothered to complete, normally I give up after the first couple of questions.
  • nicklouse
    arran77 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

1980 wants its joke back :P
    And I would like to be back in the '80s
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Done.

Which? The survey or putting nicklouse back in the '80s?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Done the survey, I normally don't even look at them due to the slating they get. I'm particularly pleased that I could be in the 41-45 age group rather than the so much older 45-50.
  • cooldad
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Done the survey, I normally don't even look at them due to the slating they get. I'm particularly pleased that I could be in the 41-45 age group rather than the so much older 45-50.
    Just fark off. I'm in the even much older than that category.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • paulbox
    lawman wrote:
    PaulBox wrote:
    PaulBox wrote:

Yep, missed that one out, my bad! The other box at the bottom allows you to enter none, so your answer is still valid :) Thanks for pointing it out :)

Cool, that's what I did.