OneLife ID

rob21
rob21 Posts: 284
edited March 2014 in Road general
OneLife iD makes your personal identity much more than your name and number.

Information on the OneLife iD product you select connects, through QR codes or webpage links (URL), to all the details, contacts, documents and links recorded on your OneLife iD profile page. On many OneLife iD products you can also choose to engrave additional important medical or contact information. With OneLife iD you can conveniently carry your ID with you, or on your kit, wherever you are.

The wife bought me the Active ID for valentine's day.

Really good little product which is ideal for me as i do a lot off cycling on my own.

http://www.onelifeid.com/page/products

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I've got the dog-tag - it was a birthday pressie from family.
    I'm not sure I'd buy it myself, but it does mean that I can carry a name & emergency contact number around in indelible format - and if necessary they could scan the QR code to gain a couple of additional details.
  • Agreed on an ID that is visible to the responders when you ride. We've the RoadID here in the states and I wear mine full time as I have a medical condition that warrants the medics knowing about it, right off. My wife looks at it as a bit of Peace of Mind for her, also. I use the interactive version now, a complete medical history and list of medications is available to a doctor or medic, on-line or by phone and the url/phone number as well as a PIN number are on the back side of the tag. Worth the small price.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • I've got the Squadra ID band and also the credit card sized ID cards.

http://www.wheelsuckers.co.uk/profiles/blogs/review-onelife-active-squadra-id

The cards are good as they have all your info on them. I always carry one in a pouch with my phone and money in a jersey pocket. A good idea especially if you have any underlying medical conditions. I think they're going to do customisable ones for cycling clubs with your club logo and details on them, nice touch. The bracelet I have engraved with an emergency contact number.
  • my wife and i use these. no faffing about with bar codes and phoning up companies half way around the world (for the UK) asking for passwords. all the pertinant info on your wrist.

http://www.sportstagid.com/id-bracelets/
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • rob21
    rob21 Posts: 284
    For me its piece off mind for not only me but my wife im not getting any younger :D
  • Great idea,

I usually go out with debit card, organ donation card and an expired racing license which has address and date of birth and photo id.

Gonna look in to this one though as blood type and medical history will always help if the worst happens.

Chris
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Old_Timer wrote:
    Agreed on an ID that is visible to the responders when you ride. We've the RoadID here in the states and I wear mine full time as I have a medical condition that warrants the medics knowing about it, right off. My wife looks at it as a bit of Peace of Mind for her, also. I use the interactive version now, a complete medical history and list of medications is available to a doctor or medic, on-line or by phone and the url/phone number as well as a PIN number are on the back side of the tag. Worth the small price.

Road ID here in the UK too. I wear a wrist band with the relevant details and have the necessary information on the phone lock screen too.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.as ... tAodSRMAdQ
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • I like the QR idea....wondering if paramedics have the facility to read it. I also like the lock screen profile idea for the phone.
  • damocles10 wrote:
    I like the QR idea....wondering if paramedics have the facility to read it. I also like the lock screen profile idea for the phone.

depends on phone signal and time they have. i'd rather not give them the hassle myself.

phone lock screen is good idea, but emergency services look for ICE contacts anyway. but if your phone is locked they may not get it. i don't lock my phone for this reason.
    --
  • On my Samsung I have the lock screen, then swipe to enter the password then I have access...I guess the phone QR scan will be visible on the first screen.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    I like the bands think they are really good, as i usually carry a laminated paper with my information on but kept in my jersey pocket, did have a iPhone with information on lock screen but when i fell off, the screen smashed into millions of pieces, will be getting one of the bands
  • StillGoing
    Re Road ID

Pressing any button on the phone displays the lock screen with name, D.O.B., blood group, next of kin contact details and any medication that may be required. The same information is on the wrist band. There is no need for anyone to be able to open the phone to access further information.
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Re Road ID

Pressing any button on the phone displays the lock screen with name, D.O.B., blood group, next of kin contact details and any medication that may be required. The same information is on the wrist band. There is no need for anyone to be able to open the phone to access further information.

nice. but if, as stated above, the phone is dead, then you're no better off. i think it's more likely than not if you have an off bad enough that you can't give first responders your info, then the phone is buggered too.

if you have an id band/tag as well, then all aspects are covered.

i feel relying on the phone for so much when riding (gps routing, phone calls etc.) is not a good idea. i usually have an old phone to make emergency calls,( if i can get a signal), with my coaching card and photo, credit card and a fiver. a garmin for routing/recording, an id bracelet with basic medical info and who to call, and, when touring/mtb'ing, maps and compass.

and some haribo. :wink:
    --
  • StillGoing
    philthy3 wrote:
    Re Road ID

nice. but if, as stated above, the phone is dead, then you're no better off. i think it's more likely than not if you have an off bad enough that you can't give first responders your info, then the phone is buggered too.

if you have an id band/tag as well, then all aspects are covered.

i feel relying on the phone for so much when riding (gps routing, phone calls etc.) is not a good idea. i usually have an old phone to make emergency calls,( if i can get a signal), with my coaching card and photo, credit card and a fiver. a garmin for routing/recording, an id bracelet with basic medical info and who to call, and, when touring/mtb'ing, maps and compass.

and some haribo. :wink:

I don't rely on the phone for GPS routing and have never seen the point of anyone doing so. You want to be able to use it in an emergency to make calls so why waste battery life using it to display maps. My phone is bluetoothed to my Garmin giving a 3rd means of security for my wife to be able to track me using LiveTrack and be alerted if I stop moving. She can get the GPS coordinates from the position on the map and call the emergency services if necessary rather than waiting for someone to find me lying in the road. I also carry my driving licence and donor card so there are plenty of means for the emergency services to identify me and any access relevant information.
  • damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    Mine arrived today....I bought the wrist band. I think I am having a 'special' moment, I can not for the life of me work out how to release the mechanism to attach the silicone band to the watch clip.

I don't want to force the metal parts, any tips?

Chris
  • I like the Onelife ID stuff I must say.

I've had the wristband for a few months now and the little cards, one of which I put on the zip of my mtb backpack for eg.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    God grief! Seriously?

How did we ever manage to get by before technology got in the way.

Separating people from their cash seems to be the one of the things that technology has achieved without question.
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    'Special' moment is over, I worked it out. :)

EDIT: I think £20 is a little price to pay if there is a serious accident. Looking on the other side of things, having medical details written down on a piece of paper is just as valid in case of a serious accident. Mine does glow in the dark though :)
  • I just feel better safe than sorry. Anyway mine matches one of my bikes ;)
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky