Tour of Oman *Spoiler*

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just watched the Green Mountain stage, good work from Sky, shows they may be working on a plan B for the bigger races. From was hardly on his own for a "couple of minutes", it was a good ride. His pedaling is strange and seeing it on those rings when the chain bounces is nerve racking.
  • Did you guys see that Froome has a bracelet with 'Froome' written on it - odd thing for a grown up imo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Did you guys see that Froome has a bracelet with 'Froome' written on it - odd thing for a grown up imo.

I think in the Sky documentary he was given it by one of the kids when he returned to Africa. Seems a nice thing to wear. going by the colors as well.
  • sjmclean wrote:
    Did you guys see that Froome has a bracelet with 'Froome' written on it - odd thing for a grown up imo.

I think in the Sky documentary he was given it by one of the kids when he returned to Africa. Seems a nice thing to wear. going by the colors as well.

Just saw this post as I was browsing and not logged in.
    If this is indeed the case then respect to him for wearing it and not putting it in a drawer.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    sjmclean wrote:

If this is indeed the case then respect to him for wearing it and not putting it in a drawer.

And disrespect to you for taking a pop simply because its Froome. He won the race and deserved to, stop trying to find bogus reasons to dislike the guy.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    For those that want Sky top be 'transparent' look at this tweet:

Antoine VAYER ‏@festinaboy Feb 22
    Froome's power output ~6.70 W/kg at Oman Tour, 9 mn for "GREEN mountain's" It's a fucking RED ridiculous performance. Bullshit, joke.

9 minutes - where does that come from? The race hasn't been broadcast fully to anyone. Vayer is making it up. No actual figures at all. No variables. Just his usual 'not normal' nonsense. Is 6.7 W/kg for nine minutes even unusual? But the twitterarti lap it up.

Vayer is playing the doping crowd beautifully for his own intersests.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Just watched this on Eurosport.

Looked like a club run with everyone going very slowly and everyone spread out all over the road with no crowds at all.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Yeah unfortunately Froome moves into GC.

Another low rent post.
  • RichN95 wrote:

Froome's power output ~6.70 W/kg at Oman Tour, 9 mn for "GREEN mountain's" It's a ******* RED ridiculous performance. Bullshit, joke.

9 minutes - where does that come from? The race hasn't been broadcast fully to anyone. Vayer is making it up. No actual figures at all. No variables. Just his usual 'not normal' nonsense. Is 6.7 W/kg for nine minutes even unusual? But the twitterarti lap it up.

The man is a complete tool. If that's a bullshit joke, what does he make of what Mr King tweeted from the same stage?
    Leopold König ‏@LeopoldKonig · 5h
    Flat tyre at the bottom of Green Mountain? Did 7watts/kg to chase back for 10mins and suddenly I saw 3km to go:))#badluck#perfectteam

Let me guess, he said.....................er...........absolutely nothing? :roll:

Haha! Vayer also er-tweeted this:
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert Feb 21

Supporting Wales in the rugby, of course, but mostly because George North is courting top cyclist Vicky James!!

Sums up the self proclaimed experts of the twittersphere. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:

Froome's power output ~6.70 W/kg at Oman Tour, 9 mn for "GREEN mountain's" It's a ******* RED ridiculous performance. Bullshit, joke.

The man is a complete tool. If that's a bullshit joke, what does he make of what Mr King tweeted from the same stage?
    Leopold König ‏@LeopoldKonig · 5h
    Flat tyre at the bottom of Green Mountain? Did 7watts/kg to chase back for 10mins and suddenly I saw 3km to go:))#badluck#perfectteam

Let me guess, he said.....................er...........absolutely nothing? :roll:

Haha! Vayer also er-tweeted this:
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert Feb 21

Supporting Wales in the rugby, of course, but mostly because George North is courting top cyclist Vicky James!!

Sums up the self proclaimed experts of the twittersphere. :oops:

You know uk cycling expert is a parody, right?
  • Obviously not, Rick.
    No idea who folks are on twitter.
    Explains why Vayer would find it worthy.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229

Looked like a club run with everyone going very slowly and everyone spread out all over the road with no crowds at all.

Wonder if they had any gags about bum cigars during the race? that was truly the most memorable part of yesterdays... :shock:

nice to see vayer talking rubbish again.
  • 995842_743001829067867_667406641_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Obviously not, Rick.

You ought to follow him, comes up with some gems. Not sure Vayer realises he's a parody though. Maybe Vayer is also a parody and is taking the urine out of the doping fans?
  • Great shot Darren!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    philbar72 wrote:

Wonder if they had any gags about bum cigars during the race? that was truly the most memorable part of yesterdays... :shock:

Bahahahaha
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    --Darren-- wrote:
    BhN5fxSCcAAnd7M.jpg:large

Fantasy cycling: Rigo and Digger in a room. Rigo has the key.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Vayer is a one-trick pony who has to keep doing this in order to remain relevant. He could use his 'expertise' and 'model' to analyse doping in other sports but of course he can't because he has about as much expertise in sports science and access to the relevant data as I do (minus any apparent methods training on his part which would lead me to scrap the data and the model to begin with).

What annoys me is that he not only perpetuates bad science, its that in the perpetuating of that bad science for his own personal gain he cares not whose reputations he tarnishes along the way. With research comes great responsibility. It is why proper research has to be approved by ethics committees and the like.

Of course there is also the risk with this kind of shonky science that you can cry 'doping' too much and that people won't actually believe it when it is detected using science as the repeated abuse of bad science leads to a general mistrust of all science.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross wrote:
    Obviously not, Rick.

You ought to follow him, comes up with some gems. Not sure Vayer realises he's a parody though. Maybe Vayer is also a parody and is taking the urine out of the doping fans?

Had a read, now. Some amusing stuff, so will keep an eye on.
    Noticed Vayer doesn't have much of a following. Hardly surprising.
  • rick_chasey
    philbar72 wrote:

Bahahahaha

Trying to work out which one you were!
  • philbar72
    On the alloy BMC as the good (also BMC) bikes getting Di2'd. You were the guy on the canyon right? think a few of the folks stomachs were churning after that chinwag on Juniper. Refreshing stuff.

Enjoyed that run yesterday.
  • rick_chasey
    Ah ok.

Yeah - I assume my gobby demeanour and small stature gave me away?
  • philbar72
    louder than some, but i wouldn't have marked you out as gobby, but yeah you aren't big (doesn't really matter!). riding with that lot, you'd definitely get on with Hans ( the guy on the clicking raleigh). some of his banter is pretty good. when he organises a club run, you should jump on, they are always a bit fruity...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Dose of MTFU needed for ddraver...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • 2014022470_20140223CY0011_zps6545dacf.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ^ Is Bouhani looking at his stem?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Eufemiano ‏@oufeh 8m
    Can't be anythg but tailwind
    Oman :
    18'33, Froome (2014)
    19'14, Rodriguez (2013)
    19'18, Froome (2013)
    19'24, Nibali (2012)”
    Via @mrconde

*whistles nonchalantly and wanders off to do some work*
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Anonymous
    mike6 wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

And disrespect to you for taking a pop simply because its Froome. He won the race and deserved to, stop trying to find bogus reasons to dislike the guy.

Michelle Clound confirmed this on twitter this morning.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Oman :
    18'33, Froome (2014)
    19'14, Rodriguez (2013)
    19'18, Froome (2013)
    19'24, Nibali (2012)”

Is that Froome's first World Record?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.