Comments

• Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    Stage:
    1. FROOME C. SKY 03h 49' 53''
    2. VAN GARDEREN T. BMC 00' 22''
    3. URAN URAN R. OPQ 00' 33''
    4. RODRIGUEZ J. KAT 00' 38''

So he managed to take 30secs in 1.5km...

Classy. Heavyweight. Chapeau.
  • He might not look like a True Champion on a bike, but my god he gets the results

HEAVYWEIGHT
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Poor lad, he doesn't have the face, the physique or the style of a champion.

Oh well, I guess he'll just have to settle for the wins of a true champion.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    r0bh wrote:
    Poor lad, he doesn't have the face, the physique or the style of a champion.

Oh well, I guess he'll just have to settle for the wins of a true champion.

And the salary. Bet he'd rather have the face, style and physique instead though.
  • Poor lad, he doesn't have the face, the physique or the style of a champion.
    SPTDW410-660x440.jpg

Shame
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Not sure that cool and Uran can be used in the same paragraph.
  • Joelsim wrote:

Au contraire mon petit chou, Rigo is generally considered a pretty cool dude
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Joelsim wrote:

GTFO

Rigo is as cool as they come.

Edit: I see RR has this covered.
  • joelsim
    He's got a mullet!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I can't find Rigo's graceful farewell letter of thanks to 5ky and hopes for OPQS, but it was cool as fck. Anybody?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Cool and mullet doth not go together.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Macaloon wrote:
    I can't find Rigo's graceful farewell letter of thanks to 5ky and hopes for OPQS, but it was cool as fck. Anybody?

Here you go.

If I start a thread dedicated to a rider - he's cool.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12922471&p=18695743&hilit=uran+uran+rigoberto#p18665327
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon wrote:

Here you go.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12922471&p=18695743&hilit=uran+uran+rigoberto#p18665327

Didn't thank PInarello though... Lightweight
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    Both Koenig and Frank Schleck had mechanicals at the bottom of the climb.

Leopold König ‏@LeopoldKonig · 5h
    Flat tyre at the bottom of Green Mountain? Did 7watts/kg to chase back for 10mins and suddenly I saw 3km to go:))#badluck#perfectteam
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Rigaberto might possibly be the product of incest given his full surname ... Just saying ...
  • Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    Some highlight of stage 5. Add your own commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3R16E6-0aA
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Confirmed.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Rigaberto might possibly be the product of incest given his full surname ... Just saying ...

You used this one in that thread last year.
  • tailwindhome
    1506538_594776677279331_1556932514_n.jpg
  • mroli wrote:
    They did that in the Giro as well though, didn't they, sending Uran off? Though admittedly with no counter-punch from Wiggins....
    Yeah - as you say, Wiggins doesn't have the explosiveness to attack in the last 500m - Froome does. And it appears as though Porte may not have judging by Andalucía. Valverde does, J-Rod does, Contador used to.

In the brave new world of marginal gains, are we looking at marginal time gaps between the top contenders - ie the 5-10 seconds that someone can put into their rivals at the top of a mountain top finish, with the real gaps being made on time trials? If everyone rides to their capabilities and all the top riders have similar capabilities and no-one has a bad day....

Time trials were equally decisive in the era of chemical gains though, weren't they? Indurain used to win time trials by minutes, rather than seconds, so I'd be surprised if both types of stage weren't becoming closer. I guess this leads to a question about whether the balance between climbing stages and the length of time trials is shifting in favour of one or the other, and whether this is a bad thing. I guess that depends on what sort of rider floats your boat more (personally, I'd like to see a diversity of events, including some more where sprinters get a look in, but that isn't going to happen any time soon).
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Froome might not look that graceful on the bike but he sure can climb.

Uran is cool, even with a mullet. Business at the front, party at the back. Be good to see what he can do this year, I was gutted for him at the worlds.
  • Good to see Sky drop the usual mountain railway, in favour of some serious panache.
    Sending Henao on the early attack worked a treat and then Froome hitting out just as soon as
    the chasers had reeled him in, worked a treat.

None of this negative, Spanish sit on the wheel of whoever is in front until 200 metres, then pinch the cheap win, lark.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim
    Good to see Sky drop the usual mountain railway, in favour of some serious panache.
    Sending Henao on the early attack worked a treat and then Froome hitting out just as soon as

None of this negative, Spanish sit on the wheel of whoever is in front until 200 metres, then pinch the cheap win, lark.

Do you swap Xmas cards with Valverde?
  • Good to see Sky drop the usual mountain railway, in favour of some serious panache.

Going off the front for a few mins is nothing particularly interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • You wouldn't know it but as this is a spoiler thread:

Greipel wins final stage and Froome wins GC.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good to see Sky drop the usual mountain railway, in favour of some serious panache.

Going off the front for a few mins is nothing particularly interesting.

Yet Great champion Valverde's 200m sprint is super exciting.

I'm starting to think FrenchFighter is a character and a book or tv show will appear soon.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    You wouldn't know it but as this is a spoiler thread:

Greipel wins final stage and Froome wins GC.

PITA/Impossible to find a stream vs Olympic Ice Hockey Final on telly
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Go Canada.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 12719961903_e788853b5e_b.jpg

12697197085_c6702fac72_c.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest