Yellow Peril
Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
edited February 2014 in Pro race
@JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,284
    http://www.cyclinginquisition.com/ has been vocal in the past about the doping problems in Colombian cycling. He only has a footnote about thee positives today, but he's not exactly surprised. There's a huge corruption issue hand in hand with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Colombia team suspends Luis Alberto Largo Quintero over a non-negative:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/colombi ... n-negative
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Another one.

How many riders busted in the last few months.....they just keep on coming :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rayjay wrote:
    Another one.

How many riders busted in the last few months.....they just keep on coming :lol:

Why are you happy, do you not want a clean sport, or are you just that narcissistic?
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    sjmclean wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Another one.

Why are you happy, do you not want a clean sport, or are you just that narcissistic?

Like I have said many times. Riders are still doping.

Just happy that the evidence backs up my point. They just keep on coming ,,,how many is that in the last few months?

It's no good get angry with me. I'm not doping :lol:

Its the sport and riders that are letting you down. I'm just telling it like it is.
  • Is this connected to the 3 Team Columbia riders pulling out of the Andalucia race?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited February 2014
    antsmithmk wrote:
    Is this connected to the 3 Team Columbia riders pulling out of the Andalucia race?

Got a linkie?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,384
    Lower tier riders trying to make it into the big time - can't blame them much I s'pose
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • antsmithmk wrote:
    Is this connected to the 3 Team Columbia riders pulling out of the Andalucia race?

Team Colombia aren't in the Vuelta a Andalucia. Perhaps you're referring to this?:
    http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/otrosd ... 13476590-4
  • ddraver wrote:
    Lower tier riders trying to make it into the big time - can't blame them much I s'pose

There's a reason 4-72 have plenty of supporters:
    But there's another aspect to Saldarriaga's teams (both Colombia Es Pasion, and 4-72 today) which has been hugely beneficial to all riders: the team has its own bio passport and stringent testing program. You see, Colombian teams are not required to be a part of the bio passport program, and testing at Colombian races has been...uh...let's just say, spotty at times.
    (Cycling Inquisition)

Luis Largo came from EBSA - Indeportes Boyacá and got a good result in the Vuleta a COlombia last year.
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

There's a reason 4-72 have plenty of supporters:

Well true, but what I meant more was Columbian...erm...Peasants trying their best to get out of their less than ideal situation by winning some bike races and getting a pro contract

Lets be honest, working class boys trying to get out of the fields/factories by doping to win cycling races is as truely traditional as cycling gets!

Stuff like this is what makes people counter the nonsense the trolls post on here
    - @ddraver
  • Yes, but there are solutions and 4-72 is one of them. COLOMBIA!
  • ddraver
    Think I misunderstood - They were or werent riding for 4-72 or Columbia EsPacion?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Think I misunderstood - They were or werent riding for 4-72 or Columbia EsPacion?

The ones who've been popped? No, definitely absolutely definitely not

(Colombia Es Pasion became 4-72 Colombia)
  • ddraver wrote:

No. Read the links:
    From earlier this month:
    Ómar Puentes (Elegant House), Jorge Martínez (Supergiros), Diego Quintero (GW Shimano) y Jahír Pérez (Ebsa).

And now
    Luis Largo: EBSA - Indeportes Boyacá before signing for Team Colombia.
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

The ones who've been popped? No, definitely absolutely definitely not

(Colombia Es Pasion became 4-72 Colombia)

A ha, thanks RR. I confess Columbian Cycling is a little bit beyond my radar save the Speed metal Cycling podcast...
    - @ddraver
  • Columbia = HTC Columbia. Colombia is the country. Small thing but nice to get right - sorry if you don't like corrections!
  • ddraver
    You re being rather hard to love today Art...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    You re being rather hard to love today Art...

Ha ha, no offense meant.
  • oh noes! C'mon ddraver, gis a hug....
  • ddraver
    Favim.com-7234.jpg
    - @ddraver