Tour of Oman *Spoiler*

Comments

• Lol @ Andy. Lets see what Frank has. Uran been quiet too.

Nieve attacks for Sky but is brought back. Van Av still out there but with small gap.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Haha speak of the devil...Uran and Froome solo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    I think I prefer watching by teletext to Twitter, more tension!
  • Back together - about 50 riders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Last year this similar stage:

"On the second last climb Saxo Bank lit it up and took a lot of people by surprise. The bunch got blown to pieces," Froome explained.

"I was fortunate to have Ritchie Porte with me in the front group, who helped me control things up there, and set a really good tempo on the climb. We took it up from the beginning."

"Over the last climb Contador attacked. Rodriguez and I were just behind and managed to close the gap over the top. Coming down to the bottom we knew we only had a small advantage and just rolled through together. The last two kilometres were quite tactical, with lots of attacking between us.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Now it is Sagan, Nibs and Uran in the lead. Surely a definite Sagan stage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 2ks, 18secs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Small group led by Fabu is chasing them down.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • SAGAN WINS!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Sagan takes GC.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bg_r61FIYAAIeks.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Sagan
    Uran
    Nibali
    Impey
    Gallopin
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    What's the word on gaps, and the all important celebration?

I know it's early, but this time last year we were busy discounting contenders for the big races based on their showings in this and other races. This year we have Quintana, Voldemort, Nibali, Costa, entire OPQS and even BMC, all looking like serious players on missions to ground the Death Star. Bodes well.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • The Green Mountain will sort it out tomorrow

GC top 3:

Sagan
    Uran 10"
    Nibali 14"

Lots of love for Rigo...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Dammit, after avoiding all spoilers due to the 24hr Eurosport delay, the result has been spoilt by some news gathering app I didn't even install on the tablet! Oh well...

Did enjoy the super breakaway of Sagan, Fabu, Froome and Stybar on stage 3 :-)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Sagan pulled an Oscar Freire move in the finale:

LT6YLME.gif
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Oh boy I love that. Sagan continues to impress as a real racer. Thanks for posting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • With the Queen stage tomorrow I really hope Uran is able to hang with Froome's attack. A ton of good and great climbers only 8 secs further back though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    With the Queen stage tomorrow I really hope Uran is able to hang with Froome's attack. A ton of good and great climbers only 8 secs further back though.
    I'm afraid Rigo has been institutionalised. He's like a well trained dog:
    Bgw3PhmCYAAJh3a.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sagan pulled an Oscar Freire move in the finale:

LT6YLME.gif

Nice to see Rigo keeping the foe in the Khazhahk uniform where he can see him. For a change.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Lol that photo is great.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Sagan for MS R then.
  • Didn't uci rules stop riders from doing the bunny hop thing? Or am I just imagining/making up a rule?
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    Didn't uci rules stop riders from doing the bunny hop thing? Or am I just imagining/making up a rule?

Technically I'm not sure it's allowed. From Inrng's post on the rule change:

"Here’s the new rule that will come into force on 1 January 2014:

1.2.064 bis It is strictly prohibited to use sidewalks/pavements, paths or cycle paths alongside the roadway that do not form part of the course. Non-respect of this requirement is sanctioned in accordance with Article 12.1.040.14 bis, without prejudice to any other sanctions that may apply.

Note Article 12.1.040.14 bis states the rider is liable for a cash fine and crucially “elimination”, ie disqualification."

http://inrng.com/2013/11/uci-rule-road-vs-cyclepath/
  • rick_chasey
    Central reservation isn't pavement.

Its a central reservation in the middle of the road.

You wouldn't punish a rider for jumping over a traffic island, so why would that apply in this instance?
  • 4 riders I have never heard of have an advantage of 3mins after 80kms. 70kms to go.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Nice bit of handling by Sagan on stage 4. What a character. Looks like that beard is being grown back on the post race interview...
  • He is so small!
    12680754103_430330f585_c.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • WATSON-00003663032_3087689.jpg

SPTDW038-660x440.jpg

SPTDW009-660x440.jpg

SPTDW0151-660x440.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Liking the colour matched sides.

Want.