Tour of Oman *Spoiler*

Comments

• ES coverage is 50% Visit Oman PR. What's the rationale for showing this a whole day after? Can understand it's cheaper and easier to knock a highlights package rather than live broadcast but why not show in the evening?
  • ES coverage is 50% Visit Oman PR. What's the rationale for showing this a whole day after? Can understand it's cheaper and easier to knock a highlights package rather than live broadcast but why not show in the evening?

I agree but then maybe people like to see the scenery and find out a little bit about the country, at least if nothing much is happening.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon wrote:
    Why not?

Yeah why not...other than more weight on them and potentially coming off and causing a crash/injury.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    ES coverage is 50% Visit Oman PR. What's the rationale for showing this a whole day after? Can understand it's cheaper and easier to knock a highlights package rather than live broadcast but why not show in the evening?

I agree but then maybe people like to see the scenery and find out a little bit about the country, at least if nothing much is happening.

Aside for it being a reasonably intolerant and sexist feudal state which has a core of European ex pats who drink themselves stupid to forget what a dump it is.

When I was there if a woman was involved in a car accident it was her fault. Unless it was with a foreigner...

And that's before they threatened prison for teachers who didn't pass students who were related to the ruling family.
  • Lol, what a joke eh! I thought Oman was on the better side of the scale.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Sad thing is Frenchie, it is...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Sad thing is Frenchie, it is...

:shock:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FIN_STD_IMG.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Just caught the stage one highlights, didn't realise Eurosport was 24 hrs behind?

Two things:

I though Griepel had royally mucked that sprint up being boxed in but managed to deliver the goods.

What is with the faux dramatic music? Can't remember Eurosport doing this last year?
  • 2014021964_OMAN%20ETAPE%202_7.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    TourofOman_live 11:14am via iOS
    Heading to Al Jissah climb. All bunched #tourofoman
    Bg6c_uNIcAAOzrs.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    Uh-oh

Lotto_Belisol 11:23am via Web
    Attack by Froome with 5 km to go #TourofOman
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited February 2014
    Fabs, Sagan and Stybar went after him, then it all came together for a bunch sprint, won by....

Griepel!

Bit of a warning shot to his rivals, there, Froome's feeling frisky
  • Macaloon
    TourofOman_live 11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
    4 in lead. Cancellara, Froome, Sagan and Stybar. Pack just behind. 2kms to go #TourofOman

Nice group :)
  • Sagan still looking his first win of the season
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Greipel from Sagan and Bouhanni
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    https://twitter.com/TourofOman_live/sta ... 12/photo/1 Solid 1.5 bike lengths in it. Greipel is looking strong and consistent this year.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Should Sagan have sat back and saved himself? I'm guessing he might've done had Fab and Stybar not gone as well - probably felt that there was enough fire power there to get a sneaky gap.... Boding well for the classics though!
  • Worth looking at the photos. Froome was not the one that lit it up - there were plenty attacks before. Trusty boy Lopez pulled them back then Jens went, Froome jumped on the wheel (head down - see photo) before he accelerated himself. Looks pretty exciting from the photos.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/02/ ... e-3_317603
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 2014022064_OMAN%20ETAPE%203_10.jpg
    2014022070_OMAN%20ETAPE%203_11.jpg
    FIN_STD_IMG.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Not being able to watch this race is beyond infuriating
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • Carlton Kirby had plenty of time to write the commentary and still made a bad job of it.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,503
    Greipel's celebration is very distinctive.
  • 4 man breakaway - Van Avermaet, Popovych, Wallays, Huffman

4:15 gap, less than 70km to go

Breakaway's just hit top of the first climb
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Greipel dropped so the ticker says
  • Greipel dropped:
    Bg_XmqGIAAA8DhA.jpg

Profile:
    profile-04.jpg

JRod:
    "I'm up for it and want to win again on Green Mountain. Why not? I don't think Froome is as fit or as lean as he was last year. Contador isn't here either. I won last year and so why can't I win again?"

Froome...
    "I felt a good sensation being able to follow the front guys, and Stybar has just won the world 'cross title. That's extremely intense racing, and so I was surprised I was able to go with him today,"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Purito bullish - LIKES

Gap down to 3:05 at 125km

Breakaway about to hit the 2nd climb
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Howard dropped too
  • Boonen, but also Andy Schleck, dropped on 3rd climb