Bearded Sky rider in Cheshire Yesterday ?

cougie
cougie Posts: 22,512
edited February 2014 in Pro race
Out in the glorious sunshine for a change - a guy in full 2014 Sky kit came past the other way.
He was on a Pinarello, and had a beard a la Wiggins - but I don't think it was Wiggins ? Has he a doppelganger ?
And we seem to think he had on that Kask helmet with the slidey vents - which I don't think is on the market yet ?

Anyone else see him ?

Comments

• Not a Sky rider, but possibly Olly Cookson (who'd have been wearing full Sky kit and is a bearded chap)
  • cougie
    Ah that sounds possible. Ta RR.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not a Sky rider, but possibly Olly Cookson (who'd have been wearing full Sky kit and is a bearded chap)

Why does he wear full sky gear?
  • sjmclean wrote:
    Not a Sky rider, but possibly Olly Cookson (who'd have been wearing full Sky kit and is a bearded chap)

Why does he wear full sky gear?

Cos its free
  • Where in Cheshire?
  • kask helmet with slidey vents where can one see these
  • cougie
    Saighton way TTHR.

Ive only ever seen the slide vent helmets in race pics.
    Front page of this weeks comic for example.
  • May have seen the same chap towards tail end of last year. Head to toe in sky kit with the bike to match, riding up towards Pott Shrigley. I quickly realised he wasn't a recognisable face so figured he might be support staff.

Always try to figure out who the academy riders are when out on the bike, regularly see them riding through Cheadle.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    kask helmet with slidey vents where can one see these

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 02,00.html
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    [quote="Always try to figure out who the academy riders are when out on the bike, regularly see them riding through Cheadle.[/quote]

i see quite a few out in the cheshire lanes near northwich/knutsford.
  • cougie wrote:
    Saighton way TTHR.

Ive only ever seen the slide vent helmets in race pics.
    Front page of this weeks comic for example.

Ooh exciting, Mrs TTHR's Dad lives there
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    He's not in the country. But definitely a good suggestion :)
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • JSCL wrote:
    He's not in the country. But definitely a good suggestion :)

Hmmmm. Will try harder next time... :)
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    edited February 2014
    I took this photo of brad last week is this the helmet you mean? I was riding withh him last week and he was on his tt bike had a few miles side by side and definately got a beard! Lovely guy not to mention too.

image_zps9f4681e8.jpg
  • image_zps5c59b33f.jpg
  • cougie
    That's the one. Ah crap - I think it was him and I was too busy trying to work out who it was to even say hello !

Sorry Sir, I wasn't being rude - just a bit dumb.
  • Doubt it was though he is in spain for the route del sol which starts tomorrow
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    I took this photo of brad last week is this the helmet you mean? I was riding withh him last week and he was on his tt bike had a few miles side by side and definitely got a beard! Lovely guy not to mention too.

image_zps9f4681e8.jpg

I want to know what the guy on the right is doing with his left hand.

Or do i....
  • I had a weird sighting of Wiggins on his tt bike a couple of years ago in the lanes quite near to Manchester airport - late afternoon -he came past fast. It was odd as he was in a big race the next day tt - forgot which - it might have been a worlds tt - obviously happy to fly over the night before
  • I think you will be surprised how short notice they travel for races.
    If you follow guys like dowsett on twitter he tends to go out the day before from Essex.
    I doubt the team will pay for extra hotel nights for a rider to just doss about on their own and If a rider has family at home then extra days away isn't ideal.
    Also the team has other races going on all year and staff will travel from race to race so any days at home will be a bonus.
    Last year I was in majorca and wiggins was living out there. Saw him a couple of times a day sometimes. Road bike training in the morning, TT training in the afternoon and walking around town with his mrs and kids in the early evening.
    Then the next day he was gone and riding that short stage race they all do before the giro (can't remember what it's called- the one where he threw his bike against the wall in the neat fashion)
  • The bearded one has a pad in Mallorca - Alcudia I think
  • So the rumor was last year when I was there.
    I was in puerto pollensa and saw him loads, so much so that it became a bit boring!!!!!
    Apparently his pad was in Cala st Vicente about 3km from pollensa and quite a quiet upmarket area.
    He had his whole family with him and story goes that he fled the uk after he got knocked off his bike and then hassled by the press!
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    You can accept my apologies, I hope. It was Cookie.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • JSCL wrote:
    You can accept my apologies, I hope. It was Cookie.

Hey, I gotta take a win where I can around here :wink:
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    I took this photo of brad last week is this the helmet you mean? I was riding withh him last week and he was on his tt bike had a few miles side by side and definitely got a beard! Lovely guy not to mention too.

image_zps9f4681e8.jpg

I want to know what the guy on the right is doing with his left hand.

So does Brad, judging by the look on his face.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807