mojjo - deal gone wrong

tjkey17
tjkey17 Posts: 69
Good morning.

I just wanted to warn other users about dealing with this particular person on the forum. I recently bought a Kona Jake the Snake off this user, complete with RS80 wheels.

I was assured the RS80s had very little use and the bearings were good, however on receipt, the rear rim was completely worn out and the bearings were notchy and in need of replacement.

After contacting mojjo, he will not take any responsibility for this and refuses to give me a partial refund for the wheels. I believe that he knew that they were worn out and deliberately mis-sold me the wheels as part of the bike. He has stated that he will not respond to any more PMs from me.

I am now at a loss of what to do. I have considered and been told to take him to the small claims court, but don't really want to do this. If anyone knows the user mojjo, I would just like a happy ending to this. I know he is local to me in Southampton as he delivered the bike to my housemate.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thomas Key

Comments

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Unfortunately with second-hand goods you have no recall through the Small Claims Courts.

Have a read of the topic I posted sometime ago: viewtopic.php?f=40046&t=12906418

If he delivered it, did you or your housemate not check the wear on the wheels or bearings?
  • Okay, thanks for the reply.

I only got round to a proper inspection of the bike a week or so later which is when I picked the problems up. My housemate did check the bike over but clearly missed this.

Is there anyone other way I can go about getting this sorted? I have offered him a reduced amount to refund the wheels but he's simply stated he will not respond to any correspondence from me.

Tom
  • Here was the original post

viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=12956188&p=18709956#p18709956

And the rim wear can be seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baz/sets/7 ... 180828853/

I know I'm in a sticky situation. I have bought many things off here with no problems at all, and I guess just built up a bit too much trust for the forum. Its very disappointing to be dealt with like this, especially by someone who clearly contributes to the forums in more ways that just selling items! All I want is a partial refund, even if its not as much as what I expected to get in the first place!

Tom
  • Velonutter
    There is absolutely nothing you can do now, sorry.
  • How was the fee paid? If it was Paypal, is there a way to involve them perhaps?
  • Looking at the pics, I would say you have bought the wheels and the pics are proof he wasn't out to rip anyone off, he has shown these on forum BEFORE you bought, but to be a gentleman, maybe the seller could be persuaded to offer a little for your troubles, but I wouldn't hold my breath as it looks a done deal.
  • The pics are after I bought them.

Perhaps he wasn't out to rip me off and didn't realise but I just expected a bit more understanding in reply to me than just telling me to go away and that he won't reply to any more messages!
  • tjkey17 wrote:
    The pics are after I bought them.

Perhaps he wasn't out to rip me off and didn't realise but I just expected a bit more understanding in reply to me than just telling me to go away and that he won't reply to any more messages!

I would say that not replying is out of order :?
  • If you paid by paypal, raise a claim with them.
  • Velonutter
    PayPal will reject the claim as the goods were physically delivered and there was option to inspect and reject and the OP didn't do this until a week or so later.

I know how irritating it can be, but in a case of law you have no leg to stand on.

I would just move on, you've provided feedback for other members, just chalk it up to someone to avoid, sorry.