Vuelta a Andalucia 2014 *SPOILERS*

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited February 2014 in Pro race
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Vue ... -Startlist

Wiggins, Scarponi, Valverde and Porte.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Strong GC teams from Movistar, Sky and Astana but look out for Caja Rural too.
    Prologue on tomorrow - 7.3km. Maybe Geraint Thomas for this.
    Stage 1 - kicks off with 40km of climbing (more or less). 6 categorised climbs in total with a 2.5km hill climb finish. Mollema, Valverde or possibly Hagen.
    Stage 2 - Finishes on a 7.2km climb (av 6.7%). Should decide the GC - Valverde, Porte & Scarponi the main contenders
    Stage 3 - lumpy but flat finish so should be one for Giant Shimano and Kittel.
    Stage 4 - 3 categorised climbs but a flat finish. GC riders should finish together.

Rob Hatch is commentating with Matt Stephens.
  • Having carelessly set up a dupe thread....

Lulu's been suffering from a stomach virus and says he's not 100%
  • Strong GC teams from Movistar, Sky and Astana but look out for Caja Rural too.
    Stage 1 - kicks off with 40km of climbing (more or less). 6 categorised climbs in total with a 2.5km hill climb finish. Mollema, Valverde or possibly Hagen.
    Stage 2 - Finishes on a 7.2km climb (av 6.7%). Should decide the GC - Valverde, Porte & Scarponi the main contenders
    Stage 4 - 3 categorised climbs but a flat finish. GC riders should finish together.

Mollema another contender for overall...?
  • First race of the season for him I think. Stage 1 would be good for him in form but you'd think he'd lose time to Valverde, Porte and Scarponi on Stage 2. I don't think there's time bonuses.

Has he raced every race that Caja Rural have started in 2014?
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    the constant references on these pages to Scarponi as a challenger are a mystery to me

Has he raced every race that Caja Rural have started in 2014?

Amissa Bongo, Mallorca serries and Tour Med, so pretty much yes, I'd have thought
  • 3rd in the Volta a Catalunya and 4th in the Giro last year. Really strong team behind him. If Astana don't podium they'll be disappointed. Perhaps we'll see Fuglsang do something if not.
  • Giant Shimano - “Although it looks like a sprinter’s line up, opportunities for Kittel will be very limited, maybe a bunch sprint on stage 3 but we will see. “We will be more looking at how the guys starting their seasons are going, and also to get Dumoulin and Simon Geschke (GER) to take their chances with the breakaways.”

Hoping Ciolek will give Kittel a run for his money on st 3
  • ---delete
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Un-chien-andalou.jpg
    Regional films, that's a new one for the spoiler thread! I couldn't resist a picture of the Andalusian Horse. Possibly getting too excited at the prospect of regular televised racing returning!
  • Paul 8v
    Strong GC teams from Movistar, Sky and Astana but look out for Caja Rural too.

Hoping Ciolek will give Kittel a run for his money on st 3

Some lumpy stages beforehand but Kittel seems to get over at least the smaller climbs reasonably well. Be nice to see someone put up a bit more of a fight against him. He looks unstoppable at the moment but fair play to him, he's put the training in. Early days yet...
  • I'm working all day tomorrow goddammit!

I may just be able to sneak a peak on here during the one hour I have between lectures at lunchtime...

Nice horse Paul. Very nice.

TTHR has just upped the anti for the rest of the year, we now have to find regional films for every Giro and tour stage :shock:

Anyone have a cheese?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Mostly goats milk cheese, which goes very nicely with a pale sherry.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    To think we get this over Algarve is hard to accept.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I may just be able to sneak a peak on here during the one hour I have between lectures at lunchtime...
    :shock: Will make a change from the trolling I suppose.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Macaloon wrote:
    :shock: Will make a change from the trolling I suppose.

Working from home today and Friday :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Paul 8v
    Nice horse Paul. Very nice.

I don't know much about horses, but I know that is a cool horse. :mrgreen:
  • After 72km Afonso, Fonte & Pliuschin have 34" on Pereira & Silva. 4'34" on the peloton
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    After 72km Afonso, Fonte & Pliuschin have 34" on Pereira & Silva. 4'34" on the peloton
    Confused as I'm watching the prologue at the moment?!
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Think that's for Algarve FF... currently the prologue at Andalucia
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    edited February 2014
    Current Standings - edit Kiriyenka now #1
    1. Kiriyenka (SKY) 8.35
    2. Moreno (MOV) +2"
    3. Boasson Hagen (SKY) +4″
    4. Kittel (GIA) +5″
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Anyone using Eurosport player and have a really low quality picture?
  • Crampeur
    Vasil Kiryienka goes first
  • Crampeur
    Quite good commentary as well with Matt Stephens and Rob Hatch.
  • ^sorry yeah - wrong thread!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Bump on the finish line makes things quite interesting...