Conditions at Cwmcarn?

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
edited February 2014 in Routes
I'm off there at end of this week for a spot of uplift. I know the place is mostly hard pack and usually drains pretty well but the amount of rain everywhere since I last went has been biblical. Anyone been recently?
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm off there at end of this week for a spot of uplift. I know the place is mostly hard pack and usually drains pretty well but the amount of rain everywhere since I last went has been biblical. Anyone been recently?

a mate rode the xc yesterday and said it was fine, so I assume that the dh will be too. I'm going on weds to ride the new trail so i'll stick my head onto the dh and let you know :)
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

a mate rode the xc yesterday and said it was fine, so I assume that the dh will be too. I'm going on weds to ride the new trail so i'll stick my head onto the dh and let you know :)
    Thanks Kev, I need to know whether to pack my scuba gear :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • i would say a rib would be best, or a canoe if you want a work out ;)
  • Stevo_666
    i would say a rib would be best, or a canoe if you want a work out ;)
    As well as the rain there's a fair bit of wind forecast for Friday, should make the jumps interesting :)
  • In the past with the wind up there i have hit the jumps in the freeride section and pretty much come to a dead stop in the air... most amusing, also taken off on one side of the (right side) of a jump and landed on the very far left of the downside... i stoped jumping those days haha.
  • Stevo_666
    It was a bit windy on Friday but TBH it never caused any problems on the bottom section jumps for me. Riding down the track when it had turned into a small muddy stream was quite interesting though. By time lunchtime came we were soaked and spent the rest of the day feeling like I'd had an accident in my pants :) Still plenty of grip though even in the wet - probably better than when it's bone dry.

Possibly one of the best places to go for DH when it's wet?