Overshoes for 'normal' trainers

Somer_Himpson
Somer_Himpson Posts: 17
edited February 2014 in Commuting general
I am a hybrid riding snert and wandered if there were overshoes available for non-clipless pedal riders.

Thanks

Comments

• I've never seen any, I suspect the sole would get trashed by the conventional pedals fairly rapidly. Can't you just use insulated shoes?
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    I use my BBB ones on the brompton regular pedals with no problem. As there is no bit of the cover sole on the ball off your foot it's fine.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Try waterproof boots or Sealskinz.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Also used BBBs on flats without issue.
    [...] snert [...]

Had to google that - I haz lernt nu wurd - Ta!
  • bucklb
    bucklb Posts: 296
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXOSH/pl ... -overshoes

I wear these with normal trainers (they are a snug fit) and they're surviving just fine thus far. I don't do much walking in them, obviously. Can't really go too far wrong at that price
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    bucklb wrote:
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXOSH/planet-x-neoprene-overshoes

I wear these with normal trainers (they are a snug fit) and they're surviving just fine thus far. I don't do much walking in them, obviously. Can't really go too far wrong at that price

I bought a pair of those, they didn't last weren't very good at keeping my feet warm or dry.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Plastic bags work a treat, they don't need to be washed and are free. Just wrap um round tight and off you go. you can then use them to cover your saddle if your parked outside.

they also make you look pro