Nottingham riding! (And surrounding areas)

L3BIUS
L3BIUS Posts: 91
edited June 2014 in MTB rides
Hey guys!

I've recently got back into riding and am looking for some new friends/groups to ride with!
I'm in between derby and nottingham but happy to travel got a big car and bike rack also so can take others!
So far my list of places I want to/have visited are places like Ginsburn forest, Cannock chase, lee+cragg quarry and sherwood pines! So you get an idea of what I'm into :) I currently ride with my cousin so he will also be riding with me.

Feel free to PM or add me or just comment on here :)
The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn

Comments

• dgti
    dgti Posts: 21
    Hi L3BIUS posted on your Cannock chase thread, Iam in Heanor and looking for ride dates for 2014 with people local to me. Let me know what you've got planned and hopefully I can tag along.

Cheers Dean
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    Hi there, Im a student at Trent, looking to sneak a few rides in here and there locally - the rides with Trent MTBing go further ashore and so I've not really been anywhere local! Got a lot of project work too so local is obviously more suited to me. Im also based in Derbyshire during hols.

Drop me a message letting me know what you've got planned and I'll try and tag along - I warn you though, I'm pretty new to this lark haha!

Cheers,
    Alistair
  • 40ish
    40ish Posts: 31
    Hi I'm leicester based so not too far!
    Am in my early 40's and have recently started riding so not the fittest!!
    Used to do a lot of bmx riding when I was young so not a total novice!
    Most of my mates are armchair sportsmen so would be nice to meet up
    With other riders!!
  • L3BIUS
    Well anyone thats not already, check this out viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=12952091
    ride organised in january :)

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • sc1858
    sc1858 Posts: 25
    Hi everyone,

I am in Nottingham city and am in the same boat as you all

be good to meet up with some people to ride with

cheers,
    Simon
  • sounds a good place to post

get my new bike tomorrow and im in Spondon just outside derby.
    early 40's - unfit but raring to go so if the competition is minimal and the fun is high count me in
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Will be up for regualr riding soon once the new dog is built, check my sig, On One Inbred ;)
  • sc1858
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Will be up for regualr riding soon once the new dog is built, check my sig, On One Inbred ;)

Looks really good, have you been able to take it out yet?
  • Dawesy92
    Road to work today, only roads.. but feels nice, quick and lively!! :)
  • sc1858
    Evening all,

Does anyone have any plans around notts in the next few weeks?
    My new frame and forks are coming this week!
  • Dawesy92
    Forks are off to Mojo tomorrow otherwise I would.. might be free weekend after? :)
    If thats any good :)
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    Love to, but cant do this weekend. I'd also more than likely need a lift! :(
  • sc1858
    next weekend sounds like a plan, my forks won't be here till next week anyway

open to suggestions on where to go too
  • L3BIUS
    I'm up for a trip to either Cannock or pines soon? Need to get back out on the bike!

Places i want to visit:
  • Dawesy92
    I need to get back out as im off to wales in May, well ment to be anyway haha..
  • sc1858
    L3BIUS wrote:
    I'm up for a trip to either Cannock or pines soon? Need to get back out on the bike!

was at Pines yesterday an I think they must have drained some of the red run as it was a littler better, lots of work going on at the moment though.

What's everyone think to something on the 2nd March?
  • Hey everyone I'm a student at derby and living in the city centre
    I've seemed to exhausted all the places that i can get to by just biking there.

I'm defiantly up for a trip at some point it will be nice to get out with other riders.
  • Dawesy92
    Any up for any rides drop me an inbox, pines is easy for me to get too.. cannocks not too bad but takes a little more planning as its a longer drive, drop me an inbox if anyone fancies anything!! :-)
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    How has nobody mentioned the peaks? It's easily the best riding anywhere near notts.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Dawesy92
    I'd love to go, but got no idea where to ride hahaha...
  • sc1858
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    I'd love to go, but got no idea where to ride hahaha...

hey,

whats everyone doing on Sunday, i would be up for something.
    I have a book about dark peak riding so i know where to go in theory....
  • Dawesy92
    Sunday is a no go for me.. in the process of sorting my new bike out hopfully tomorrow, new chainring and I wanna reset the gears better.. :)

So maybe anothrr weekend.. :)
  • sc1858
    sounds like a plan!