Racing with a licence but without the card

AK_jnr
AK_jnr Posts: 717
edited February 2014 in Amateur race
Hi, like the title says can you do it? I renewed my licence last week but as of today it has yet to turn up so can I race Sunday without the card?

Just asking as I don't want to travel if I won't be allowed!

Cheers.

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    You should have phoned BC membership and they would have emailed you out a temporary licence - not sure you'll be able to do that on Saturday - probably not.

Your options now are p robably phone the organiser and ask nicely or pay for a day licence - not sure if there are any other alternatives - maybe try printing out a page from the BC website with your details on it if such a thing exists? If you are lucky it may come in the morning I suppose.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • AK_jnr
    To be honest I wasn't originally planning on racing but looking at the weather it seemed like an idea.
    Thanks for your help.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Having a quick look you could print out the my membership page on the BC website after logging in - that has your name, membership number and what type of licence you have on it. Don't think the organiser would be duty bound to accept it but they may do.

- cross post with your last one - ah thought you'd already entered - yes if it's an on the day entry maybe not worth the hassle but for future reference it's useful to know they will email you one out.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • AK_jnr
    On a side note I have just checked my membership details online so thats ok but it says I'm back to a 4th cat when I'm actually a 3rd and last years results show that? Hmm
  • I was in the same situation at the beginning of a winter series, so I emailed the organisers and asked if a print out of my membership status on the British Cycling website would suffice. They said that would be fine (although in the end my card arrived on the morning of the race). So long as you can produce proof of membership, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Superstition begins with pinning race number 13 upside down and it ends with the brutal slaughter of Mamils at the cake stop.
  • upton
    upton Posts: 40
    Also bring your driving license etc for proof of identity...