Santa Cruz Bronson C

kokezaru
kokezaru Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Your mountain bikes
After many years of buying second hand and upgrading bit by bit, I have, for the first time, bought a complete bike..

Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon M in tennis yellow
Fox Float 34 CTD Kashima forks
Fox Float CTD shock
XT build kit inc 2x10 Drivetrain &
XT brakes with icetech rotors
DMR Vault pedals
Hope Headset
Hope Bottom Bracket
Renthal stem and fat bar lites: 740mm
Lizard Skin Peaty lock ons
Reverb Stealth
WTB saddle
Mavic Crossmax Enduro WTS

Comments

• Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    That looks amazing dude!!
    I know its probably nothing, but is there any plans for her?? :D
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    That does look amazing, but how much did it cost?
  • Looks good. Have you thought about mounting the reverb button under the bar on the other side to protect it?
  • Where's the fun in that!! Stunning looking bike. Bet you're chuffed to bit with it and I give you two rides before you start fettling....again!! 2x10? 1x11? Enjoy.

Corners
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Get the carbon fatbar lites for full bling :)
  • @ Corners R Us he already has 2 x 10 mate lol its a sweet ride but i must admit i would add some carbon but that is just me.
  • Dawesy92 wrote:

Yes, the forks are going to TF Tuning on Monday for the elite Push tuning. I found the forks v v linear in their travel which made for some decidedly hairy moments when you least want it.

I'm planning on getting the Float X ctd rear to match as its much more suited to the bike and my riding. I thought about the Cane Creek but the simplicity of the Fox won me over.

I'm also waiting for Hope to release their N/W chainring and wide range cassette converter.... then it'll be 1x10 and I can swap the reverb remote to a less exposed position under the left thumb
  • Cqc wrote:
    Get the carbon fatbar lites for full bling :)

Hahaaa, they have just been fitted to the bike. First ride this weekend....can never have too much carbon :)
  • Cqc wrote:
    That does look amazing, but how much did it cost?

Less than it should have but more than I've ever spent on one thing (weddings, houses and most cars excepted)
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    kokezaru wrote:
    Dawesy92 wrote:

Yes, the forks are going to TF Tuning on Monday for the elite Push tuning. I found the forks v v linear in their travel which made for some decidedly hairy moments when you least want it.

I'm planning on getting the Float X ctd rear to match as its much more suited to the bike and my riding. I thought about the Cane Creek but the simplicity of the Fox won me over.

I'm also waiting for Hope to release their N/W chainring and wide range cassette converter.... then it'll be 1x10 and I can swap the reverb remote to a less exposed position under the left thumb

Sounds good dude, look forward to seeing it then... also can I have it for a tenner!! :P
  • Now with the Carbon Renthal Bars on.... Just waiting for the forks to come back from TF Tuning today. Then its ride time this weekend.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    kokezaru wrote:
    Dawesy92 wrote:

Don't bother, I've got one and dropped the chain on the first ride... (And yes, my clutch was on).
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    kokezaru wrote:
    Dawesy92 wrote:

Don't bother, I've got one and dropped the chain on the first ride... (And yes, my clutch was on).

Oh, that's a bit of an arse. Have you had any more dropped chains? Still looking to go 1x10, would prefer to buy british
  • Newly Push tuned Fox float 34's First ride last Sunday and first impressions are that they are a significant improvement on the 2013 Fox CTD's. No more diving through the travel at every opportunity. Only went to cannock, but didnt use full travel, which is what I would expect, unlike the untuned version which would blow through the whole lot on the first sections of the Monkey trail. Which, if you know it, is not exactly the most extreme terrain, and certainly not gnar enough to use that much travel.
  • Stunning bike