Wednesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

It snowed yesterday just as I was getting into my house, and it was quite impressive, however it stopped after about an hour. There was meant to be 'heavy snow' at 3am this morning, and I was really hoping to open the curtains to find a sea of white. It's no different than when I went to bed :( This just means the journey to work is going to be loooooong.

Need to do my minions' probationary reviews today as I'm about 4 weeks behind. Oops. Meh.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Morning ladies,

last night i had new tyres and the tracking sorted on the bike carrying beast and it feels way better! no idea how the tracking got so far out in a year!

today i will be mostly doing VAT(since that is my role)

laters mong bummers!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    morning

meh, today is at least based in my office though, as tomorrow is Swansea for the day.

laters
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

bike is in the car and I'm going to FoD later.

I've just got to get through the work day without killing anyone!

are there any HR type people on here?

laters
  • welshkev wrote:
    are there any HR type people on here?

If there are we must persecute them!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    thought i had a meeting this morning.

tis tomorrow.

back to designing cars then.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,357
    Morning axe wounds,
    Full compliment of staff in the office for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. Today I shall mostly be letting the skiving bar stewards do the work and make my tea. Answering my own emails instead of dealing with other peoples excrement.
    About time one of the slackers made me another cup of tea.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning clunge sniffers.

Likewise we also have a much fuller office this morning now that all the bar stewards who couldn't be bothered to walk half a mile yesterday to get through the 'flood' have surfaced again :evil:

Sadly no minions in our department so we make our own tea :shock:

Anyway enough winging, onwards to tea and looking busy :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Morning

Picked up my new (to me) car last night - so today all is well in the world. Apart from I'm now skint of course
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Swansea is currently being blown away. The wind whistling around our office is crazy, rain and hailstones. Sat here with the lights flickering.

On a brighter note I am out of the office tomorrow on a course at Bristol Zoo. How I have wrangled this I don't know but a free day out at the zoo works for me. Just have to hope I can get there now as I don't fancy the chances of the bridge being opened.

Viewing a couple of places to move to over the next couple of days so fingers crossed I will be moved by the end of the month.

Appears there are already lambs at the farm because someone missed a ram lamb from last years batch, who has been having fun it seems. So may be being roped into farming this weekend moving the sheep from one farm to home.

Two youngest siblings are off school today as the schools in Monmouth are shut due to flooding.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs

Just waiting for the Orwell Bridge to reopen so I can avoid the 3 hour traffic jam that is Ipswich.
    :(
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening crudlets

massive post holiday CBA/NFI continues apace, but have heard that i will be moving nearer to the eastern side of the country and home in six weeks time........hurrahs all round.

Just smashed some chicken curry down my grid with extra chillies which could make the trip to the gym later or more likely the office in the morning a pungent experience!

Laters
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,706
    Evening Feckwits,

I'm hoping this weather calms down soon as I'm off to Wales end of next week - hopefully. At least it means there'll be load of snow in the Alps for when I go skiing, don't you reckon bg?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Feckwits,

I'm hoping this weather calms down soon as I'm off to Wales end of next week - hopefully. At least it means there'll be load of snow in the Alps for when I go skiing, don't you reckon bg?

More than balls deep i'd say! And a shed load of snow as well!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Feckwits,

Maybe I should go browse ski-bunnies.com ? :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Feckwits,

I did pre trip, got quite depressed about how i couldn't afford one so ended up with the wife........again! No luck!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Feckwits,

I did pre trip, got quite depressed about how i couldn't afford one so ended up with the wife........again! No luck!
    Think of how much you'd save if you put the wife in a ditch :twisted: