• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    found out in what way?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The Truth wrote:
    I have been told both these teams are clean.

But when you compare their results, there is a huge gap between them. How can this be? If they are competing on equal terms, shouldn't their results be quite similar too?

When you look at their respective results from 2013, it's like comparing us postal to Ag2r.

If you haven't seen it, watch all five British Cycling Road to Glory on YouTube.
  • I forgot that power meters and warming down was invented by team sky. However, now that they have been talking openly about these things for a few years, I expect the rest of the peloton is doing it too.

Even so, Andrew Talansky who is known to be a very talented rider, got destroyed by Chris Froome in the tour. This is most peculiar and requires an explanation.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    The Truth wrote:
    I forgot that power meters and warming down was invented by team sky. However, now that they have been talking openly about these things for a few years, I expect the rest of the peloton is doing it too.

Even so, Andrew Talansky who is known to be a very talented rider, got destroyed by Chris Froome in the tour. This is most peculiar and requires an explanation.

Yeah, it's really a tough one to crack isn't it...
  • A rider in his first 3 week Tour, who spent most of the day before the Ventoux in a breakaway get's beaten by a guy who's finished on the podium of 2 3 week tours in the preceeding 2 years with the full resources of one of the richest organisations in the sport marshalled behind him?

Yeah, that's suspicious.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    I'm sure most people would agree that Froome wasn't regarded as a future tour winner when sky signed him. In fact, most people had no idea who he was.
    But he is now. And Sky are paying him more money than teams like Garmin can afford.

Vaughters knew who he was when he tried to sign him pre Vuelta 2011
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    The Truth wrote:
    Chris Froome is a better cyclist than Andrew Talansky
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    Do you want us to start with Team Sky or should we do it chronologicaly, listing all the riders that have beaten him from whenever it was he last won a GC?

Which I need not remind you given his exceptional talent was the prestigious Tour de l'Ain in 2012. A race that draws in all the finest talent I'm sure you won't agree.

Just want to know how much work you require of us..?
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

I don't think one person simply being better than another is ever going to wash. Don't be so ridiculous. :wink:
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    The Truth wrote:

I've told you, it's the doping.

That's the answer you want isn't it? It's the only one your narrative will accept, isn't it?

Now run along, there's a good boy.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • The Truth wrote:
    I have been told both these teams are clean.

But when you compare their results, there is a huge gap between them. How can this be? If they are competing on equal terms, shouldn't their results be quite similar too?

When you look at their respective results from 2013, it's like comparing us postal to Ag2r.

Roll on March 2nd. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

I don't think one person simply being better than another is ever going to wash. Don't be so ridiculous. :wink:

Bjarne Riis is the best cyclist of all time then.

Why is it that only team sky are able to climb faster than dopers of the past? Why can't Garmin do this?
  • salsiccia1
    edited February 2014
    The Truth wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

Why is it that only team sky are able to climb faster than dopers of the past? Why can't Garmin do this?

DOPING, LE DOPAGE, DRUGS
  • The Truth wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

Evidence please!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • salsiccia1
    UP TO THE GILLS
  • For those interested at the time of this post the Truth's Skycrit is 80.2% and doping reference crit 84.6%

If you aren't found dead in a hotel room with those stats you're a very lucky person indeed.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • salsiccia1
    0131_WVvaccine.jpg
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

DOPING, LE DOPAGE, DRUGS

Impossible, the BikeRadar cycling experts tell me sky are clean so there must be another reason.

Did Brailsford mean that only clean sky riders can climb faster than dopers maybe?
  • thomthom
    Stop replying him.
  • salsiccia1
    Testosterone%20Propionate.jpg
  • The Truth wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

Evidence please!

b4zfXBN.jpg
  • RichN95.
    edited February 2014
    The Truth wrote:

They can't climb faster than those dopers. They can beat mediocre performances of good dopers and good performances of mediocre dopers, but not good performances of good dopers. (That dpVAM chart - which I bet you don't understand - is a statistical fraud designed to guarantee a 'doping' result by comparing good performances to mediocre ones)

As for why can they go faster than Garmin? Because they have better riders.

Now here's a question for you. Why is Peter Velits so much better than Martin Velits (and always has been)?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

They can't climb faster than those dopers. They can beat mediocre performances of good dopers and good performances of mediocre dopers, but not good performances of good dopers.

Now here's a question for you. Why is Peter Velits so much better than Martin Velits (and always has been)?
    Froome just put two DpVAM bars solidly up

on AX3 going

4.5% faster than the 2008-2013 GT baseline

and

1.9% faster than the 2002-2007 dopers

(based on the Scott Richards regressions

http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/what- ... is-froome/)

Sounds like he went faster than dopers to me.
  • I can make a graph to show anything you want. Especially a screenshot of one where you can't see the data, or even the units of measure. All that tells me is Froome was faster than the guys behind him on one day.

Evidence please.

@gietvangent
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    As this is a non -doping thread related, will mentioning that Sky are followed round with a big tanker full of xenon gas be allowed :lol:
  • ddraver
    Posts of the Week Prize goes to Salsiccia on a Monday

Outstanding work sir!
    - @ddraver
  • The Truth wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

They can't climb faster than those dopers. They can beat mediocre performances of good dopers and good performances of mediocre dopers, but not good performances of good dopers.

on AX3 going

and

Sounds like he went faster than dopers to me.

But that doesn't take into account the race situation when the climbs were ridden, the weather, how long the riders had ridden over what terrain to get there or what point in the race the climbs were achieved.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver wrote:
    Posts of the Week Prize goes to Salsiccia on a Monday

Outstanding work sir!

I thought so too. I p!ssed myself laughing and wanted to give hima big chapeau but didn't want to perpetuate this total garbage... oh b*llocks
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • thomthom
    e84.gif
  • RichN95.
    The Truth wrote:

on AX3 going

and

So explain to me, in your own words, what that actually means. Because if you can't do that then you can't understand the fraudulent bias of the system and are just someone who has been seduced by 'science' that tells you want you want ot hear.
This discussion has been closed.