Verenti Substance CX1.1

bigmonka
bigmonka Posts: 361
edited February 2014 in Cyclocross
Just spotted this on Wiggle: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-substance-cx11-sora-2014/

Does anyone know anything about it or have any comments on it?
Is there a benefit to it being steel rather than aluminium (which other brands will use at that price)?

Comments

• Steel has different ride characteristics to ally, not quite such a harsh ride and should last longer.

Verenti is a wiggle rebranding exercise on excess/old stock [at least it was to start with] & with their purchase power can stick some good deals out. A friend of mine works on the project. On his advice I bought a verenti sense, stonking deal on what is really a ridley helium with dura ace.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    It's heavy, and BB5s aren't great. Still, not bad for the money.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    It's got the same kit as the Genesis CDF, but with better brakes and subtly different frame.

...and it's 250 quid cheaper.

Being steel it is likely to be a tad heavier than it's alloy counterparts.

At that price, I might buy one just to kit out a Croix de Fer frame and forks I just happen to have lurking about!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • bigmonka
    Steel has different ride characteristics to ally, not quite such a harsh ride and should last longer.

Verenti is a wiggle rebranding exercise on excess/old stock [at least it was to start with] & with their purchase power can stick some good deals out. A friend of mine works on the project. On his advice I bought a verenti sense, stonking deal on what is really a ridley helium with dura ace.
    I like the sound of the ride not being as harsh, my current aluminium hybrid makes my joints hurt on the rubbish road surfaces round here :lol:
  • bigmonka
    Clank wrote:
    It's got the same kit as the Genesis CDF, but with better brakes and subtly different frame.

...and it's 250 quid cheaper.
    My thoughts exactly, doesn't sound too bad on paper. Shame there aren't any reviews around for it at the moment.

If it is a Wiggle branding jobbie then I wonder which other manufacturer's sell the same frame as their own?