Do mods get paid...

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    @faye

I really hope this isn't about commercial space/advertising. If the whole world has to run on outcomes in terms of money, send me to a Kibbutz/Tibetan monestry/Quaker recluse. We have done our best to keep things within BB and have not done any 'fishing' recently, so it's impact on other parts of the forum is minimal.
    I have dipped into the womens section and been blanked, but I didn't moan, I just accpeted it.
    In all honesty, a mod admitted that they spend far more time moderating and dealing with complaints from commuters than any other section of the forum.

I cannot speak for others but I do go to other parts of the forum such as Road Beginners/Workshop to offer any assistance and often peruse the classifieds section, reviews and headline stuff on the homepage. I don't think I am alone on this.
    The very fabric of the BR is such that it allows anyone to find a niche and feel comfortable. By erasing off topic areas, what would you actually achieve except to alienate people and pasteurise everything into banality?
    BB is not a clique. No-one here actively discourages newcomers. Whilst we may be a little off-beat and idiosyncratic, no one gets bullied here and we are not hostile to anyone (more than I can say for other 'mainstream' parts of the forum).

Pinno.

PS could we elect the mods for this part of the forum? :D
    GiantMike wrote:
    Is that really...

Yes, but the BB is a small fraternity of old timers...

There's no need for that ugo.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    ... You rang?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Pinno as PM or Mayor is bad enough, but imagine if he was a mod..... :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Mikey23
    All part of his subtle plan for world domination...
  • Stevo_666
    Somewhere in a volcano in Stranraer...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNcs_p2Ef7fqf227kSjr2NzRWUXl8UPZHwiKF45VV5nIZ-rrx1
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Somewhere in a volcano in Stranraer...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNcs_p2Ef7fqf227kSjr2NzRWUXl8UPZHwiKF45VV5nIZ-rrx1

Doesn't look like he got much holiday sun to me :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • I have dipped into the womens section...

Oo-er missus.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Taken the wrong way, typical. The choice of candidates are as follows

Rick Chasey
    Nicklouse
    Supersonic
    ugo Santalucia
    Veronese

Who have I missed?

Notice that if you click on any of the forums, the Mod for the forum at that moment is listed. When it comes to BB and CS, it's just 'Admin@. Does that mean we are self regulated and that we cause so little hassle on the whole, we don't even get subscribed a regular mod?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Yep, me and Mikey's little joke kinda went over your head :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Rick Chasey
    Nicklouse
    Supersonic
    ugo Santalucia
    Veronese

Who have I missed?

Notice that if you click on any of the forums, the Mod for the forum at that moment is listed. When it comes to BB and CS, it's just 'Admin@. Does that mean we are self regulated and that we cause so little hassle on the whole, we don't even get subscribed a regular mod?
    Are you insane? You really don't want to be giving an idiot like me any sort of responsibility. I think the self regulating is more to do with the fact that nobody gives a toss what's said as everything is taken with a pinch of salt.
  • Mikey23
    And nobody's here to hear it anyway... Just me, myself, I this morning and no guests

I'll shut the door when I leave
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    And nobody's here to hear it anyway... Just me, myself, I this morning and no guests

I'll shut the door when I leave

Sorry Mikey, I was being flooded in at the office but I'm home now :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Mikey, Arran you're thinking of the wrong thread. You want to be over here.
  • The smell of internet blood during a mass banning session is the currency I get paid in.

...oops... Shouldn't have let that slip.

But the smell of internet blood cant buy stuff like sex, drugs or drink. For this reason, money is the only currency I accept.
  • arran77
    The smell of internet blood during a mass banning session is the currency I get paid in.

...oops... Shouldn't have let that slip.

But the smell of internet blood cant buy stuff like sex, drugs or drink. For this reason, money is the only currency I accept.

These are probably all things that people bribe the mods with anyway :wink:

seanoconn
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    nathancom wrote:
    I don't get why threads are being shut for being off-topic and "sexist" for discussing pulling the ladies of Middlesborough, an amusing and harmless thread to read. Surely this is the section of the forum where people can be off-topic and potentially at times mildly sexist. For sure it is a thankless task being a mod as your best outcome is upsetting all of the people only some of the time but heavy handed and arbitrary decisions abound on Bottom Bracket.

I do honestly wonder why people choose to cross over from being every day users of a forum to having to moderate the thing without any compensation. If it is all about how much advertising dollar Future Publishing can extract from their user base, what is in it for you?

Sargent Major syndrome me thinks.