The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Don't think Liverpool will beat Chelski at the bridge.

Arsenal gave Liverpool far to much space and not nearly enough respect. They failed to stop Liverpool playing the way they want to. It was less of a brilliant performance by Liverpool but more of a very poor game and inexplicable tactics against a team who have pace, creativity, a strong midfield presence and are very difficult to beat at Anfield.
    Valencia for example played a Barca squad which on paper was a league above them but harried, pressed, sat deep and broke very quickly. they also disrupted play and stifled Messi and Co.. Arsenal gave Liverpool space and time to play the way they wanted to.
    It is possible to beat the other big teams but Arsenal failed to turn up yesterday. My hope was that the bigger teams took points off each other this season because that is the only way we will win the league.
    I have said all along that it was between Chelski and Man C.
    All said and done, we are only a point behind and many games to go.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Don't think Liverpool will beat Chelski at the bridge.
    They didn't - I was at the league game at The Bridge on 29 Dec, Chelski won 2-1.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    I'm putting money on Suarez to bag a hat trick in the F.A cup game at our place, just to disprove my theory :D

I hope not Tim.

@At Stevo...That's right - I remember a couple of ref decisions going your way :wink:

West brom aw Win 1-0
    Everton hm Win 2-1 (possibly 1-1)
    Fulham aw Win 3-1
    Spurs hm Win 3-0
    Villa aw Draw
    Arsenal hm Win 2-1
    CP aw Win 2-0 Unless Pulis can mastermind a plan which he is capable of.
    Stoke hm Win 3-0
    Swansea aw Win 1-0
    Sunderland hm Win 4-1
    Liverpool aw Loss 3-2
    Norwich hm Win (put x amount here)
    Cardiff aw Win 2-1...Interesting fixture if Cardiff have not already been relegated and the title is still up for loosing.

Think it is sewed up. Except, 4 out of the next 5 fixtures are away from home. Busy 3 weeks for you. Injuries, tiredness...
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    I'm putting money on Suarez to bag a hat trick in the F.A cup game at our place, just to disprove my theory :D

I hope not Tim.

@At Stevo...That's right - I remember a couple of ref decisions going your way :wink:

West brom aw Win 1-0
    Everton hm Win 2-1 (possibly 1-1)
    Fulham aw Win 3-1
    Spurs hm Win 3-0
    Villa aw Draw
    Arsenal hm Win 2-1
    CP aw Win 2-0 Unless Pulis can mastermind a plan which he is capable of.
    Stoke hm Win 3-0
    Swansea aw Win 1-0
    Sunderland hm Win 4-1
    Liverpool aw Loss 3-2
    Norwich hm Win (put x amount here)
    Cardiff aw Win 2-1...Interesting fixture if Cardiff have not already been relegated and the title is still up for loosing.

Think it is sewed up. Except, 4 out of the next 5 fixtures are away from home. Busy 3 weeks for you. Injuries, tiredness...
    I'll keep track of these out of interest. Let's see if you should change your username to "The Oracle' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Somebody pinch me please...

Chelski thrash Newcastle and go top
    Sh1tty draw with Norwich
    Arsenal get reamed by Liverpool
    Man U draw with Fulham.

What a cracking weekend of footy :mrgreen:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Certainly kept it interesting
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    An update.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Somebody pinch me please...

Chelski thrash Newcastle and go top
    Sh1tty draw with Norwich
    Arsenal get reamed by Liverpool
    Man U draw with Fulham.

What a cracking weekend of footy :mrgreen:

West Brom proved a bit of a banana skin.
    Giroud fired 4 blanks.
    City have a game in hand.

...twists and turns...
  • Stevo_666
    Was umming and aahing over whether to get tickets for the Chelski - Arsenal game next month.

Still, we're top for now. That'll do me.
  • cornerblock
    I think this player needs to work on his goal celebration routine. :lol:

Although it is still better than the Sturridge one.
  • pinno
    City 2, Chelski 0...

That probably will allow Chelski the league win whilst City are trying the impossi..., sorry - quadruple. Unless City are just too strong.

Meh. mixed feelings on that result.
  • Stevo_666
    I almost expected that. Still, 6 points off Sh1tty in the league this season is good going. What's the betting on Cockneys v Scousers tomorrow?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I almost expected that. Still, 6 points off Sh1tty in the league this season is good going. What's the betting on Cockneys v Scousers tomorrow?

cocksneys will have their revenge for the humiliation the other week
  • Will Wenger sacrifce this one? They didn't look very lively against Moan U and they've got Bayern on Wed night so be interesting to see what his line up is.
  • Stevo_666
    Will Wenger sacrifce this one? They didn't look very lively against Moan U and they've got Bayern on Wed night so be interesting to see what his line up is.
    I don't really care as long as Manure keep on losing in the league :)
  • pinno
    Cockneys 2 - Scousers 1. Wahey.

Suarez should have perhaps got a penalty but his over reaction to the foul ruled that out.
  • Stevo_666
    Looking forward to the Bayern game?
  • pinno
    Well, we beat Borussia Dortmund which no British team has done and I just hope Podolski is on the pitch as well as Oxlaid Chamberlain.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Shrek on £300,000 a week for 5 years. This just gets funnier and funnier.
  • pinno
    johnfinch wrote:

Lets start the list of players that are better than him that are playing in the Premiersh1t league:

RVP
    Suarez
    Aguero...
  • Stevo_666
    Just on the train into London to watch Chelski play the not so good scousers. Match report later...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    johnfinch wrote:

Lets start the list of players that are better than him that are playing in the Premiersh1t league:

RVP
    Suarez
    Aguero...

Hazard, Mata, Sturridge, Dzeko...
  • Stevo_666
    Cocky scousers not so cocky now :) Chelski stay ahead...
  • cornerblock
    Really? Get a grip ffs! You would think they'd be used to it by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZYpK4r2UG8 :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    They'd better start getting used to it.
  • Stevo_666
    The Arsenal thread has gone a bit quiet :wink: I hear they're now 20-1 to win the league.
  • i told u
  • pinno
    i told u

I'm glad your back in the fold but there's no need to diss the 4rse.

Can I presume that you have fallen off your bike and you are only here by virtue of the fact that you haven't anything else to do because you are convalescing.
  • no ive stuck to my turbo and mtb. i can stay up right if im not acting like a see u next tuesday. cant tar me with the mikey brush, god rest his soul.

just dropping by, seeing wats going down, making sure everyones treating vtech nicely,wondering who else has been culled, retired, taken a mantis moratorium sabbatical
  • Stevo_666
    i told u

I'm glad your back in the fold but there's no need to diss the 4rse.
    Too right, you don't want to do me out of a job.