tricross disc or Norco threshold

kelvinpumba
kelvinpumba Posts: 16
edited February 2014 in Cyclocross
Can decide which is for me any advise w would be helpful.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    depends what you want to do with it?
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    You'll need to be a bit more communicative if you want useful answers!
    What will you use it for? What's your experience? What are your priorities? Are they both available locally? Similar prices?
    Help us help you.....
  • Hi sorry using it for commuting, bit of road and light path use, not for racing yet. One available at Evans near me and the other a lbs both £1000. Not sure which best got specialized mtb and happy but like look of norco but not many reviews.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I'm sat here with my TriCross in the office next to me ... it's fine as a commuting bike - just check on the fixing points for rack & mudguards (my fork hasn't got any). Mine has rim brakes though.
    I should copy/paste the next bit ..

I have 2 wheelsets for mine - one with road/commuting tyres - slicks on and the other with offroad/winter tyres on - CX or studded - I can just swap between them depending on the destination or weather - makes life a lot easier for selection rather than having to swap tyres around the whole time.

If you're going for road/light path and possibly racing in the future then check which one is lighter - the Tricross isn't a fullon CX machine, it's more of an all-rounder.
    Ultimately, it'll depend which one you're more comfortable on too.