Photographers at races - blinding flash?

buckles
buckles Posts: 694
edited February 2014 in Amateur race
Anyone here been put off by flash during a race? I am a bit wary of using one and someone else has mentioned it as well, so just wondered if anyone here has had any negative experiences racing while someone is snapping away blissfully unaware that he or she is zapping your eyeballs with more watts than your pathetic legs are capable of producing...
25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y

Comments

• No.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    no.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I'd have thought that pro racers don't spend much time looking into the crowd - and you need to be looking straight at a flash for it to do significant harm to your vision in daylight. If you're taking a picture from anywhere where the guys (or girls) are looking straight at you, get back over the barrier.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    My eyes are usually closed in pain when photos are taken as the photographer invariably positions himself at the hardest part of a course. Never noticed a flash to be honest!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    The only time I could imagine it being an issue would be in very glarey, reflective conditions. I've done plenty of wet races and it's never been an issue though.

So, no.