Cube LTD SS - now with added gears!

Twelly
Twelly Posts: 1,437
edited February 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Had the frame and fork spare and I couldn't bear to sell them so I built up a singlespeed for wintery fun.

20140111_133544_zpsa4186454.jpg
20140111_133604_zpsd9638e74.jpg
20140111_133556_zpsd2553e96.jpg

Cube LTD Pro
Reba RL 100mm travel 9mm QR
Superstar singlespeed kit
32t chainring with bash
16t cog
Rapid Rob tyres (plastic compound)
Crests on Switch Evo hubs
Exotic carbon bars 750mm
Exotic Al stem 60mm
Exotic catbon/Ti seatpost
Charge Spoon
Exotic foam grips
Deore 615 brakes
Weight 10.7kg

Comments

• Love how you just have this "spare" lol I could do with a shed like yours :wink: still got enough bits left over for the other halfs Carrera?
  • Twelly
    Of course, got a whole 9 speed drivetrain ready to go! Just trying to grab a bargain fork on the bay.
  • Well I'm going rigid for the while so we won't be fighting over the same fork :lol: wheels are my big issue right now so if you happen to have any of those spare ;)
  • cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    Nice, I always fancied building an offroad single 'freewheel' speed, as i ride fixed on the road a lot.
  • Twelly
    20140204_100626_zps8778c353.jpg

Thought I'd update this.

While my Revelations are away with Merlin, I cant use my Meta and I cant finish off my new BFe so the Cube has been reinstated as my regular ride. It still has all the carbon sillyness on it but I have added an SLX cassette, chain, shifter and rear mech to make it 1x10. The singlespeed set up was giving me jip - kept skipping when the power was on but this has been much more solid and reliable. Still weighs in around 12kg with my light and battery strapped to it. The Exotic foam grips are awful but I havent got round to changing them yet.

Also stuck a big sticky Geax DH tyre on the front to help me out with the shocking weather at the moment, first ride on the new rubber tonight so I will report back on how a £12 tyre performs!

When the BFe is finished, the Reba will go on my girlfriends bike and I will regretfully be saying goodbye to the Cube frame. If anyone wants to put a provisional offer in, feel free to message me.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    TwellySmat wrote:
    Exotic foam grips are awful but I havent got round to changing them yet.
    Another dissatisfied customer then, they are truly rubbish!

Bike looks nice even with them on!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Twelly
    Yeah I should have taken your advice, no matter, this bike will be no more soon and my BFe will have proper lock ons.
  • Twelly
    Mental ride tonight. Handlebar-deep puddles, 60mph+ winds, horizontal rain, rock climbing with bikes on shoulders.... anyway, the Geax tyre was incredible. The combo of the big knobbly, super grippy tyre on the front and a Pacestar Nobby Nic on the back was so much fun and I can safely say that is the most confident I have felt riding on any tyre, it just felt so planted even in the slimiest clay/mud. Rolls pretty well even by XC standards too. Highly recommend it.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    What size is the tyre? Loving the bike.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Twelly
    2.3 Geax DHEA (blows up big though), 2.25 Nobby Nic. Cheers!