Opinons/Advice on a faulty 'service' item

dr11
dr11 Posts: 31
edited February 2014 in Road general
I have owned a pair of Specialized SL Pro Road shoes for 3 years and in October last year one of the buckles on the ratchet snapped. Fair play I thought as I have had plenty of wear and you can buy replacements.

I bought a set of replacements (you can only buy in pairs) and replaced them both with new and one of them has already developed a fault where the plastic that hooks on to the grooves on the strap has warped and so won't get any purchase to tighten the strap.

Now I know these only cost around £13 a pair so this may sound like being tight, but should I expect a new set of replacements FOC - I have contacted the supplier and they have said they are a 'service' item and that 'is why they are sold as spares' and I have been offered some replacements for a discount.

Comments

• esdel
    esdel Posts: 28
    Some good service there If you bought them from a shop they should be

As Described,
    Fit for purpose,
    and last a
    Reasonable length of Time!

Its part of consumer purchase protection, take them back and tell them you expect a replacement or a refund.
  • esdel wrote:
    Some good service there If you bought them from a shop they should be

As Described,
    Fit for purpose,
    and last a
    Reasonable length of Time!

Its part of consumer purchase protection, take them back and tell them you expect a replacement or a refund.

+1 4 months is not a reasonable amount of time for something like shoe buckles.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Contact Specialized, they have good customer service.
    Smarter than the average bear.