Blue Sky Sunday.

gt-arrowhead
gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
edited February 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning peeps. Finally some good weather over here, that's good as im going for a ride after 2 weeks.

Im up a bit early to give me some time to check over my bike and change stem height possibly, and to stop by tescos for some food n drink.

Happy Sunday to you all.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I dunno, what's wrong with the yoof of today, fancy letting a little bad weather stop you riding :P
    Morning peeps. Finally some good weather over here, that's good as im going for a ride after 2 weeks.

Morning clunge lickers.

No riding for me today because we've got a family get together to go to :roll:

After that I need to order some new gloves after I lost one yesterday after my ride :evil:

Later.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I'm all dressed up in lycra so I assume this means I want to go ride the road bike. Yesterday's ride I ended up hub deep in floods, today I'll avoid those roads maybe... so yeah, bikes this morning and hockey this afternoon.

TTFN
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I'm all dressed up in lycra so I assume this means I want to go ride the road bike.
    For once, we won't insist on POIDH. Unless you are actually a bird and you haven't told us.

Morning Tw@ts,

Managed to do a good fettling of The Bruiser yesterday, watched Man U get beaten again last night, had a good lie in, wife and ankle biter are out and I am now supping coffee looking at the interweb. So all is good with the world for now :)

I'm now giving some serious thought to flogging The Bruiser and buying a proper DH rig (read skills compensator) as any time I venture outside the flatlands of the Sarf East it's to do an uplift. Will hate to sell the Spicy as it's a good bike but either way it's good fun doing the research.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Are you sure you don't want any pics? Once you've seen me in lycra you might have a sudden change of orientation :wink:

Nice ride that, good way to get rid of a hangover but there were some proper weird grumpy types out. Watched a few of them almost explode trying to catch up and sit on my back wheel then sprint past. It was particularly funny on the way back into the headwind, one guy as soon as he popped out to pass immediately got pushed back :lol:

I honestly don't get why people take being passed so personally, FFS it's just riding bikes who gives a shite how quickly or slowly you're doing it...
  • Stevo_666
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Are you sure you don't want any pics? Once you've seen me in lycra you might have a sudden change of orientation :wink:
    There's no way I'm ever going 'JoshTP' :P . Blokes wearing lycra without baggies over the top should be made a criminal offence, with the death penalty being applied if they are caught off road.
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Nice ride that, good way to get rid of a hangover but there were some proper weird grumpy types out. Watched a few of them almost explode trying to catch up and sit on my back wheel then sprint past. It was particularly funny on the way back into the headwind, one guy as soon as he popped out to pass immediately got pushed back :lol:

I honestly don't get why people take being passed so personally, FFS it's just riding bikes who gives a shite how quickly or slowly you're doing it...
    Rodies = miserable feckers. Just look at some of the ones who venture into the Crud from time to time :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,884
    Stevo666 - watch it!

Nice 55 miles on the singlespeed g@y bike :)

Now washing cars whilst the wife sorts out a nice roast, then it might as well be a pub visit - though wallet and kidneys took a real battering last night :(
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    You said it :mrgreen:

Has Foxy Knoxy tried to kill you again?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Different bike :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
    Afternoon all. Feeling decidedly worse for wear after drinking rather more than I should have. Good news is I managed to ride home without breaking anything or landing in the river.
    I'm going to continue hiding for the rest of the day followed by some hair of the dog later.
    Arran don't care about your glove, how was the new bike?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

You own a single speed and a fixie - you realise you will burn in hell for that :lol:
  • arran77 wrote:
    I dunno, what's wrong with the yoof of today, fancy letting a little bad weather stop you riding :P
    1st week off was because of an exam, so stayed home to revise.

2nd week was a proper full on storm.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

You own a single speed and a fixie - you realise you will burn in hell for that :lol:

Erm - 2 single speeds (road and mtb) and a fixie :oops: obviously on my way to hell
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Erm - 2 single speeds (road and mtb) and a fixie :oops: obviously on my way to hell
    Three? That's a bumming in hell for you sonny :lol:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Three? That's a bumming in hell for you sonny :lol:

Oh bugger :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Arran don't care about your glove, how was the new bike?

New bike was awesome thanks, looking forward to Swinley drying out so I can give a right canning :wink:
    arran77 wrote:
    1st week off was because of an exam, so stayed home to revise.

2nd week was a proper full on storm.

Like I said, yoof of today, gayer :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Result - negotiated a leave out with the trouble 'n' strife for a long weekend skiing with the boys next month 8) I'll enjoy posting from the slopes when bg13 is going cold turkey :wink:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Result - negotiated a leave out with the trouble 'n' strife for a long weekend skiing with the boys next month 8) I'll enjoy posting from the slopes when bg13 is going cold turkey :wink:

I'm not coming home, i will live wild in the french alps and randomly attack n0bhead gayboarders!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm not coming home, i will live wild in the french alps and randomly attack n0bhead gayboarders!
    Make sure you clear a few of them off the slopes before I get there - I don't want spotty tw@ts with goatees getting in my way.