Ride London 2014

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I'm in, better half not ... but can't do it now anyway ... so will have to give up my place.
  • Computer says no :(

If anyone finds a company that doesn't require a huge amount of fund raising let me know.
  • Mine doesn't ask me to pay but it doesn't say cancelled either...? Am I in?
  • pashda
    pashda Posts: 99
    I am in. very excited already
  • mbthegreat wrote:
    Mine doesn't ask me to pay but it doesn't say cancelled either...? Am I in?

I think the payment bit was wrong, but if it says approved then it's a yes.
  • It's cancelled for me. Tricky to tell whether having done it last year was actually a disadvantage. CBA with a charity place (I rode last year for a local charity my wife is a trustee of so it wouldn't be wise for me to raise money for one if the big ones!!). Need to decide now whether to tap up other routes to getting a place or not bother. Odd one as it's a great event but not a great cycling route.
  • AllanES
    AllanES Posts: 151

Hmm clicking on this link just takes me to a kind of title page with no other links/options/boxes to fill in details etc.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • They've taken the link down within the last half an hour, I'm guessing they're getting inundated with calls from people trying to confirm whether they're in or not...
  • AllanES
    They've taken the link down within the last half an hour, I'm guessing they're getting inundated with calls from people trying to confirm whether they're in or not...

Ah!
    Thanks for that.
    I guess i'll just have to be patient
    :)
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • Looks like I've been denied but my wife has been accepted. We wanted to ride this together so this is a pain in the backside. :evil:
    I'm sure we're not the only couple like this either.
    Is there some kind of waiting list that I can go on or is that pretty much it for me this year..?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Looks like I've been denied but my wife has been accepted. We wanted to ride this together so this is a pain in the backside. :evil:
    Is there some kind of waiting list that I can go on or is that pretty much it for me this year..?

Get one of the charity places? I'm sure between you you'd be able to raise the necessary sponsorship.
  • BigMat wrote:
    Looks like I've been denied but my wife has been accepted. We wanted to ride this together so this is a pain in the backside. :evil:

Get one of the charity places? I'm sure between you you'd be able to raise the necessary sponsorship.

With doing LEJOG later in the year, also for charity, this isn't an option.
  • The link should still work if you do it on a phone, but doesn't on a desktop.
  • I managed to see before the closed it down.

Not in :(

I will at least get My hotel room money refunded :)
  • fishyweb
    fishyweb Posts: 173
    Status=Cancelled :(
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/287459
    Member of http://www.UKnetrunner.co.UK - the greatest online affiliated running club
  • AllanES
    The link should still work if you do it on a phone, but doesn't on a desktop.

This

And status = cancelled (again)
    :(
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • stepdavi
    stepdavi Posts: 135
    Rejected again. Maybe cheshire is too far north for organisers, p#ssed off.
    2016 diamondback heist 2.0
    2015 giant propel advanced 1
    2015 Genesis day one disc ss
    2014 giant roam 2
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I cant remember what password i signed up with . or what email for that matter :D guess ill just have to wait for the magazine arriving
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    I was rejected :(

Hope to pick up a charity place now ...
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • hjghg5
    hjghg5 Posts: 97
    Rejected, not sure if my OH is in or not yet but even if he is I think I'll just mill around and watch rather than doing the charity thing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    like a true sample from Armstrong - failed :(
  • stepdavi wrote:

Shropshire is too far north for them. Don't get too upset. Try again next year.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Der Kaiser wrote:
    stepdavi wrote:

we should organise a ride Ludlow :)
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    Status=Cancelled :-(
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • The link should still work if you do it on a phone, but doesn't on a desktop.

So I've gone in on my phone and I don't see "cancelled" anywhere but neither do I see anything about continuing to pay etc. Any ideas what this means? Other than I should have waited until the mag comes out?! :lol:

Did it last year so will consider myself extremely lucky to get in again.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • domc21
    domc21 Posts: 86
    Mine is cancelled..... Missed it both years now!
  • Approved 8)
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Cancelled, gutted but not surprised
  • Also cancelled. Lots of effort expended via smartphone and slooow connection to discover that, but awaiting the arrival of the post was too much. Ah well.
  • matthew h wrote:
    Der Kaiser wrote:
    stepdavi wrote:

we should organise a ride Ludlow :)

I will probably head off into Wales and find some off road trails on the day of the ride.

I will be doing this the week before http://staffordgp.co.uk/