Cube store in Durham?

Rigga
Rigga Posts: 939
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Anyone had any dealings with them? Are they partial to giving discounts or throwing freebies in etc? (like new pedals).
Or does anyone recommend anywhere else for buying a cube road bikethat will give the bbest deal regarding extras, there is a je James near me, would I be better using them?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to get some info before I speak to them all.

Thanks ;-)

Comments

• supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    JE James at Chesterfield is a very good store. Not sure about extras but I got my Cube from there and regularly return for other bits.
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I agree with Supermurph, I don't think you'll get much of a discount or a deal from JE James, but if you find the bike cheaper JE James are good on price matching.

A mate purchased his Cube from Stif in Summer Bridge, North Yorkshire and he got a really good deal from them,
    could be worth a phone call.
  • Rigga
    Cheers guys, supermurph did you get pedals thrown in?
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    No, I've never heard of anyone getting pedals thrown in, If you're after something like Look Carbon pedals you're looking at £120 minimum, thats quite a big chunk of profit going out the door??
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Rigga wrote:
    Anyone had any dealings with them? Are they partial to giving discounts or throwing freebies in etc? (like new pedals).
    Or does anyone recommend anywhere else for buying a cube road bikethat will give the bbest deal regarding extras, there is a je James near me, would I be better using them?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to get some info before I speak to them all.

Thanks ;-)

The place is called Infinity Cycles and they're a good shop to deal with and I bought my Focus Cayo from them. If you ask nicely enough, I'm sure they'd be willing to do a deal for you.
  • thefog
    thefog Posts: 197
    JE James have got 10% off all 2014 bikes at present.

Look Keo classics are also down to £41 from £70

I was in the Rotherham store last week - cracking store, good staff and really helpful
  • Rigga
    TheFog wrote:
    JE James have got 10% off all 2014 bikes at present.

Look Keo classics are also down to £41 from £70

I was in the Rotherham store last week - cracking store, good staff and really helpful

That offer excludes cube and other brands though.
  • Google shop what you want and go in with the price and info ... If every last penny is that crucial.
    JE James are local to me and I've bought three bikes there in the past without issue so I don't think you'd go far wrong with the guys at Chesterfield tbf.
    In the interests of fairness ... I've bought a few bits from Pelican (not cube) in Chesterfield and found them excellent to deal with. Nice to have lbs options ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • spatt77
    spatt77 Posts: 324
    hi, i`ve bought 3 bikes from infinity,there are a good shop,always been very happy with all my dealings with them;)