Bretagne Seche Tour wildcard

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited January 2014 in Pro race
Team presentation.

Looks like the village team sponsored by the butchers :)

no white bar tape either!

12697_586926831400112_2052542355_n.jpg

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'm adopting these boys for the Tour. They have the full support of the Peril. Who's with me?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • I'm adopting these boys for the Tour. They have the full support of the Peril. Who's with me?

Gotta support the underdogs. I'll cheer them on with the Peril
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    B*ll*cks... it should have been MTN... and they're wearing white shorts... ;)
  • I'm in - gotta back plucky Delaplace - youngest in the Tour 2011 - 6 foot and 65 kg. I think he's middle back row

Plucky routine 6 man break suddenly turns in his favour as a lumpy finish and crosswinds breaks the pelotons momentum...somehow he digs the deepest he has ever been into the suitcase of courage, in fact he's removed the lining....the favourite in the break attacks at 4 km but somehow he holds on in there and drops him with 400 m to go crossing the line with his last pedal stroke.

The butcher gives his family chops for a year
  • Yellow Peril
    I'm adopting these boys for the Tour. They have the full support of the Peril. Who's with me?

Gotta support the underdogs. I'll cheer them on with the Peril

superb! to misquote Cliff richard "one guy one girl we're on a summer holiday!"

Come on Pro Race faithful let's get behind these guys. I'm sure Ben Stiller will make a flick about it and also it's a chance for us all to reduce our S-K-Y reference percentage. Win win!

EDIT SGS is in, and Dish Dash (when he's over the shorts crisis)
    @JaunePeril

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Given that Breton and Cornish people are basically the same - i am of course in!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    I wish them all the best, but have to say that I can't get very enthusiastic about those French minor teams who get a ride in the TdF purely because of their nationality without having to show anything in terms of results or effort to get there. I fully understand why ASO waves them through, but it doesn't make me sympathetic towards them.
  • ddraver wrote:
    Given that Breton and Cornish people are basically the same - i am of course in!

do we need to wear stripey jumpers to cheer them on?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Damn Straight!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Yellow Peril
    ddraver wrote:

I read all about that in a restaurant in Brittany many years ago. I'm also sure it said they were pro monarchy as in our Queen. I might have been on a bit of a drug trip at the time though, I'd just had moules and frites.

Can someon get FF on speed dial for team pictures
    @JaunePeril

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I will not be supporting them just because they are out of their depth but will support them if they ride courageously all the while hoping I could have seen Linus racing.

romain_feillu_janvier_2014.jpg
    bretagneseche_2014.jpg

• Jean-Marc Bideau (FRA)
    • Erwann Corbel (FRA)
    • Anthony Delaplace (FRA, Sojasun)
    • Brice Feillu (FRA, Sojasun)
    • Romain Feillu (FRA, Vacansoleil-DCM)
    • Armindo Fonseca (FRA)
    • Arnaud Gérard (FRA)
    • Florian Guillou (FRA)
    • Benoît Jarrier (FRA)
    • Clément Koretzky (FRA)
    • Christophe Laborie (FRA, Sojasun)
    • Vegard-Stake Laengen (NOR)
    • Benjamin Le Montagner (FRA)
    • Pierre-Luc Périchon (FRA)
    • Eduardo Sepulveda (ARG)
    • Florian Vachon (FRA)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Do you have to have brown hair, lack a razor and have access to an overabundance of hair gel to be in this team?

If so, it's my kind of team!* :D

*Based on nothing more than a set of classifications I just totally made up for the purpose of this thread only.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • I will not be supporting them just because they are out of their depth but will support them if they ride courageously all the while hoping I could have seen Linus racing.
    bretagneseche_2014.jpg

Ah Frenchie I thought you wouldn't be supporting them for the unsettling asymmetry of those two pairs of black trainers in the front row there. I must say I am finding the lack of attention to detail there very troubling. Whatever anyone does don't show this picture to Ride on Time I fear what might happen.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • BigMat reborn.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    BigMat reborn.
    BigMat never died - they're still going at Conti level.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yellow Peril
    Great photos FF. Hopefully they'll throw caution to the wind and we'll see some gallant riding and panache.

Death or glory from these boys come on!!
    @JaunePeril