What's your cycling bag like?

bikejane
bikejane Posts: 3
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
I'm a product designer part of a team designing a new bike bag- focusing heavily on on practicality and style. We'd love to gather your opinions and requirements of a bike bag- tell us here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19IAGfiuXQ-lvVsmEJzKOPLRxYrRes1ZCqkHuVgRsk5w/viewform

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Light and 100% waterproof with a light loop.

end
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    These:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/shop/category/messenger-bags

The almost perfect commuting bag.
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    I think I, like most cyclists, would like something that is completely waterproof.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Yep, 100% waterproof is key. That's not the same thing as showerproof; needs to be sufficiently waterproof that you could throw it in a lake without the contents getting wet.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • rubertoe
    gingaman wrote:
    I think I, like most cyclists, would like something that is completely waterproof.

Like my LOMO drybag that can be used as a bouyancy aid....

But is heavy as.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• gingaman
    Also need something that can convey an A4 lever arch folder, a pair of steel toe boots, a boiler suit, D-lock, emergency spare tubes pump etc, lunch, spare clothes Monday and Friday. It doesn't all fit in my panniers, so I have to take a rucksack anyway!
  • gingaman
    Rubertoe, £25?! Might have to grab one anyway. How heavy is it, that site doesn't mention it
  • rubertoe
    I'll weigh it.

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Argh, she's spamming other sites too !
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I'd like a bike bag that has more room inside than it takes up and reduces the weight of the load carried ...
  • http://store.quechua.com/forclaz-25-air-id_8029005.html

been using this for 5 years and its been great. comfy, spacious and i can still get decent speed wearing it even with laptop, lunch and clother in it.
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Alpkit 20l fluro yellow backpack with personalised patches of bike grease and blood from the unpleasant tyre change on Tuesday. Works well for me!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    menthel wrote:
    Alpkit 20l fluro yellow backpack with personalised patches of bike grease and blood from the unpleasant tyre change on Tuesday. Works well for me!

This.

Light, compressible, comfortable and absolutely 100% waterproof.

I don't need loads of pockets and flaps but having a couple of external mesh pockets for tools, tubes and arm warmers helps a lot.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    It needs to have the following features:

Waterproof
    Light
    Have a light loop
    Reflective features
    Laptop sleeve (optional)
    chest and waist straps
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:

This.

I don't need loads of pockets and flaps but having a couple of external mesh pockets for tools, tubes and arm warmers helps a lot.

Yep, pockets are useful. Overshoes and pump one side, thin waterproof on the other. I clip a light to the compression bungees and all is good with the world.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Crumpler Fux Deluxe - 3 inside front pockets and large bay. Outside bits for lights. Almost entirely water proof as long as bag ain't stuffed - its suffered massive rain and hail storms and still been dampish inside but dry - over an hour in it and it might have been worse off. Not much to complain tbh.
    It has dangly reflective bits.
    NVDRDWH.jpg this colour scheme in fact.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    I've had my Deuter Superbike for about 5 years now and though it beginning to fall to pieces now, I've got excellent use out of it. Seems to be about the right size for my needs and pretty comfortable.
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    menthel wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:

This.

Yep, pockets are useful. Overshoes and pump one side, thin waterproof on the other. I clip a light to the compression bungees and all is good with the world.

I use the red version of that when I am not using panniers - it's a couple of years old and pretty good. Its my favourite rucsac for hillwalking too.
  • Needs to have Rapha written on it.....

.... :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:

This.

This. Brilliant, very light and waterproof!