Looking for product reviewers

dxman
dxman Posts: 8
edited April 2014 in The hub
Hi guys,

I work for one of those big Chinese companies that sell a lot of bike lights (and a few other bike related things) and we are looking for experienced product reviewers.

Why? We know electronics but we don't know bikes and the myriad ways that they get used, abused, and otherwise ridden. So we appeal to the pedaling masses for some folks that are interested in getting some gear and doing some detailed and objective reviews on our stuff.

What's in it for you? Glory, fame, victory, the envy of your buddies.... (or at least some swag). If anyone is interested drop me a pm.

Cheers from the PRC. ~joseph

Comments

• dxman
    Thanks guys,

I would like to contact a few people but cannot make private messages. Is there a minimum post amount before that is allowed? or do I have to contact someone specifically to get approved? any help is appreciated.

`joseph
  • Can you read the PM's?

If you can then ask people to send you emails and sort it out through that?
    Framebuilder
    Handbuilt Steel 29er https://goo.gl/RYSbaa
    Carbon Stumpjumper https://goo.gl/xJNFcv
    Parkwood:http://goo.gl/Gf8xkL
    Ribble Gran Fondo https://goo.gl/ZpTFXz
    Triban:http://goo.gl/v63FBB
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah there's a certain number of posts I think you need before you can pm
  • If it's a genuine post count boost then just hit reply a few times in this thread. You don't seem like the obvious spam wielding troll so I'm sure the team will turn a blind eye.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    I'd be up for testing lights. As would my band of merry men who ride with me every week in the dark. Have sent a PM
  • I also sent a PM as I live oop norf and its perpetualy dark here anyway!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • neddie
    neddie Posts: 101
    As did I

Amy one heard owt yet
    Boardman Comp.

Norco Fluid
  • Any way of telling this is genuine?

Not wanting to be a skeptic as I'd love to test some stuff, but without some sort of verification, this has bike theft written all over it.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Any way of telling this is genuine?

Not wanting to be a skeptic as I'd love to test some stuff, but without some sort of verification, this has bike theft written all over it.

fonejacker_george_agdgdgwngo_1.jpg
  • dxman
    Hello all,

Thank you for the overwhelming response. There were so many qualified and enthusisastic offers. Right now, we have selected 3 people to work with and the products are on the way to them. I have kept everyone's info so if we select more folks, it will come from the list of people who PM'd a request.

best regards, joseph
  • dxman
    Any way of telling this is genuine?

Wow! I never really considered that anyone would think of something devious like phishing for addresses for bike theft. Does this happen? Crazy.

ps. I promise this is genuine as the guys who have received products can confirm. This puts a new spin on the Nigerian Prince scam!

Cheers! joseph
    dx community relations
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes it is genuine, I am currently testing a light!
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Any good?
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    supersonic wrote:

You queue jumping and abusing your admin status...?

:shock:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    No he isn't as I'm also currently testing one.

Although as it happened the timing of the initial post would have been perfect as it was dry and dark, however it's now dry and light thanks to some shinnanigans with the clocks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    supersonic wrote:

I imagine the dozens of products tested and five years writing for WMB were the leading factors ;).
  • raldat
    raldat Posts: 242
    Come on, don't bugger up a good conspiracy theory with facts. Where is the fun in that...
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    supersonic wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

I imagine the dozens of products tested and five years writing for WMB were the leading factors ;).

Yeh but testing nappies and bibs doesnt count dude ;)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    supersonic wrote:
    Indeed, either 100% the right choice, or 100% the wrong one if they wanted a more 'real customer' feedback......however the OP did say 'experienced product reviewers'.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.