On-One 456 Carbon *Update Thread*

Kiliscott
Kiliscott Posts: 82
edited May 2014 in Your mountain bikes
I got my 456 back in October last year, this is how she looked then.

ywe6.jpg

Im slowly starting to change bits, first was that gash white saddle so that went the journey. For a new LTD black and green charge spoon.

gkfu.jpg

The bike over the Xmas period got stripped down and fully serviced, the bottom bracket was shagged so i replaced it with a hollowtech BB. The creaking noise when fitted was horrendous from the left crank arm, it was double checked and still rather baffled. I then came on the internet and found the problem, Truvativ crank will only do the GXP bb or Hope now supply adapters to make there bottom bracket fit.

Bike up and running nicely, i got shot of the old wellGo pedals and they were replaced with some bright DMR V8s.

4kpx.JPG

The grips were the next shout, my mate has some green hope ones hes using for his build, so i tryed them out for him. Although im not so sure???

s65q.jpg

With me being a right Bling faggot, i'll be adding some silly colours onto the bike, well not really silly colours but still looking suitable over the coming months. So i will keep this thread posted.

Thanks for looking....

Comments

• xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    Love the bike and love the colour scheme! The grips should definitely stay IMO! Now start colour coding the small bits like the seatclamp, jockey wheels and bolts lol. Good choice in saddle too!
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Mate don't diss wellgo pedals! #pride
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    If you can I would suggest getting a clutch mech.. one oc the best investments ive ever made!! :)
  • The wellgo pedals have lasted a good hard life & now live on the commuter. What benefits are you seeing using the clutch mech?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What chain guide is that?

I think you need the 'right green' for the grips, that is a shade lighter than the other greens and doesn't quite work for me, otherwise nice.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Yep I'm not overly keen on the grips, good job there not mine.

It is a superstar top guide. Hoping to ditch it and try running a narrow/wide and escape any guides if need be.
  • OK, over the past few weeks i have slightly blinged it up because im a tart.

Nukeproof warhead riser bars - Blue
    RaceFace narrow-wide chain ring 32T - Blue
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro blue - Not the widest tyre coming from my Rubber Queens, but i'll give them a shot none the less.

7s29.jpg
    v9m0.jpg
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Nice bike, the blue confuses me though.
  • Kiliscott
    Kiliscott Posts: 82
    Hans dampf and shimano saint m820 crank.

faec8d22f9a92aa676447551ecfbf772.jpg
    19a70093c1c30a48654181f7cc9504f8.jpg
  • Giantmatt75
    Giantmatt75 Posts: 149
    Very nice :) blue goes really well with the green