Dolan Forza Track Bike

napoleond
napoleond Posts: 5,992
edited February 2014 in Your road bikes
Picked this up today, pic taken outside the Dolan showroom. Couldn't wait!
Crap pic but, well, I'll sort something better when fit is sorted.

592E27CC-D018-4DD0-AE2C-87F05ADCB1AD_zpsvsmughho.jpg

Pics don't do it justice.

Frame/fork/Seatpost: Dolan Forza Stealth size 56. Had the fork drilled to accept a brake, I may try some 10 mile TTs on the road with it.
Wheels: Navigator Pista tubular
Tyres: Vittoria Pista Evo tubs
Crank: Sugino SG75 with SG75 49t chainring. I picked up a 50t Zen while I was there.
Sprockets: a variety of Dura Ace 14-16t
Stem: Deda Zero 1 12mm. I have ordered a 130 Zero 2 which wil be flipped. The logos will be removed by acetone which will look great with the Matt frame finish.
Bars: Deda RHM 01. I'll look at getting some Alpina Sprint bars in due course and some aero bars for pursuit/TTing.
Saddle: San Marco Ponza TT
Pedals: Speedplay
Chain: yes.

It looks AMAZING in the flesh with the gold bar tape :)
Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
ABCC Cycling Coach

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I reckon you could get more of a bar to stem drop on that ;-)

I bet you are pleased with that, looks fast!
  • napoleond
    Chuffed to bits. Fit is pretty good at the mo already butt saddle has been moved back and down a tiny bit, bars will end up about 50mm higher. It's set for sprints rather than endurance events as that's where I'm concentrating.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I've been looking for a track bike, and I really really like that!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    love that, but it's not helping my N+1 self imposed cull
  • napoleond
    They're on a really good offer at the mo! Although mine is specc'd up a bit.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    NapoleonD wrote:
    They're on a really good offer at the mo! Although mine is specc'd up a bit.

I 'may' have already been on the website....... I can't I bought a wilier fixie in November

But it would make a good replacement for my road single speed :D
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Looks good

Noticed quite a few of them appearing at the track league over the last couple of weeks (although mostly in the other colour scheme)
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Nice bike! Saddle is not very pretty but the rest of it is lovely.

Will we see that bike inside the M25? Would be good to circle the track together some time.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • napoleond
    Saddle is a bit of a minger but it's very comfy when on the nose, hence the choice, otherwise I'dve gone for an aliante. It is the one thing where I go for function over form, and even that's a tough choice! :)

No, I'm firmly ensconced oop north.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Ok, looking at the geometry on Dolan's site the frame is a funny choice for sprinting events. The HT on the 'largest' size is only 12 cm, which, considering the BB is ~2 cm higher than a road bike's, makes it seem like a very low slung frame, perhaps better suited to bull-horns and TT bars. By contrast, most multi-discipline alu fames have taller HTs which might support a higher bar height and flex less?

Is the HT on yours really 120mm or was that a typo on their site?

What will your final stem set up be - a slammed up-turned stem or up-turned stem with some additional spacers?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • napoleond
    Yeah, the HT is a bit of a tiddler. I'll be running it with an upturned 130mm stem at the top of what steerer I have (save 5mm) which is what a lot of the top riders who use this frame end up doing. It will also be my Time Trial bike on the road for some local 10s, with some aerobars and a front brake. Front end is EASILY stiff enough for me. I wanted a DF4 but they are more than twice the price...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Lizzie Armitstead was riding one of those at Revolution last Sat.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712